Compass Rallye 635

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A friend and I both bought the above caravans new. When we got them they both had broken slidding doors to the rear sleeping area and the door catches to the bathroom door were also broken.

Has anyone else had these problems with this make of van? Obviously, we have design faults. In the case of the door catches, the screws holding them have ripped out of the woodwork and cannot therefore be screwed back in. Does anyone have any suggestions -apart from takng it/them back.

May 3, 2005
Visit site
I bought a new 634 Rallye Compass earlier this year and the bathroom door catch went the same way recently and just this last weekend the sliding bedroom door came off its runner.Another problem we discovered this weekend is that the trouble we have sometimes tuning the the tv in is due to a loose ariel connection in the actual mast/ariel.We are due to call out the happie engineer saving up faults as we have already had one call out for snags which generally occur on new mass production vans.one last annoying occurance has been the flimsy build and operation of the door flyscreen,it will not shut to very well and slides back with a bang! very annoying on hot days!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your comments. I don't think any caravan retailer/manufacturer should make/sell caravans in the full knowledge that they have built-in defects. I question the legality of it. If anyone else has experienced similar defects on this caravan perhaps they could post thier comments here or email me on cjwillans@hotmail.com.

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
I saw one of these at at dealers (new) with same problem. Is the door hung using white plastic fittings fixed with 2 screws? I know it sounds bizarre but try leaving the replacements in boiling water for a few minutes before fitting. If you can, fit a rubber buffer to the door edge, to reduce the shock to the fittings, as the doors are heavy

Had an old Bucaneer schooner that used to suffer from this

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts