Compatible awning for 258cm height van ??

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi, We have just bought a Bailey Ranger GT60 which says it has a height of 258cm. The Porch awnings I've checked out so far only fit up to 250cm vans. (Sunncamp 390, Outdoor Revolution Compactalite 400 etc coming in around £150 to £200)

Does this 8cm make a lot of difference or would a 250am one do ? Will I need to go into the more expensive ranges to find one that fits ? Any advice is appreciated.

John

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Normally, the height given by manufacturers is to the highest point - in your case, almost certainly the TV aerial. You need to measure the height of your 'van to the awning rail to be certain.

John M

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
Normally, the height given by manufacturers is to the highest point - in your case, almost certainly the TV aerial. You need to measure the height of your 'van to the awning rail to be certain.

John M
John's advice is sound but even if that shows you are a few centimetres too high I wouldn't worry too much.

The lightweight awnings with curved poles give quite a bit of leeway if you position the feet nearer the van, and the rubber straps for pegging down also have 2 to 3 inches variation at least.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts