Concarneau area

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We are thinking of having a change next July from the usual long trip to the Vendee area and this year further down at Royan.

Nothing wrong with either areas but having done both twice in the last four years would like to have a change and visit the area where it all began for us nearly ten years ago.

Before everyone starts shouting about the weather in Brittany being just like home I would like to inform you that we have had more than enough rain particullarly this year in Royan to convince me that global warming is taking effect and visit the Concarneau area of West Brittany.

I seem to remember that this area was very pretty with very good beaches, I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed on either of the following campsites.

(Les Pres Verts) near Concarneau or (Camping International Bel Air) near Landudec.

Any info on pitch sizes as we have a twin axle Bailey Ranger, what about childrens entertainment 11 year old daughter, cycling in the area and general comments on the sites.

Looking forward to hearing someusefull comments please.

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi We are a family of 5 also with a twin axel & have been to concarneau twice once staying at les pres verts and also les sables blancs. Les pres verts was a brilliant site lots of space pitches really big lovely pool, brilliant and highly recommend. Our only problem when we were there we had a full 16days of rain, heavy winds and our awning blew down and damaged when we were out and had to spend 13days with no awning. Last summer we returned to concarneau and stayed at les sables blancs nearer into concarneau footpath into the town but for the first 10days we were the only english on the site which didnt go down too well with the kids. Lovely site but the pitches were very small and everything on the site was in french and the management werent too friendly either, although the pool was great and had it too ourselves most afternoons as they all seem to go for lunch at 1pm. Concarneau itself is a lovely town and around there is lots to visit pont aven is lovely village, Quimper is also a must as is benodet and begmeil. Hope this may be of somehelp if you need any furthe info please let me know as in all we have stayed in the area for 6wks so no the area very well, Tracy ~

TRENDING THREADS