connecting 2 aquarolls together

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi

This has probably been discussed before, so sory if I'm covering old ground.

Is there an easy way of connecting 2 aqua rolls together to double my water quantity?

I connect my present aquaroll by placing the filter in the top hole, and wondered if I bought a second one and a stand facing the centre hole uderneath, is there a connecting kit I can buy to connect it to the centre hole on my existing aquaroll and gravity feed the water into it?

thanks for any advice

Rick

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Theoretically if you placed them at the same level you could couple them with a syphon!

However setting up might be a bit of a fiddle. You would need a pipe running to the bottom of both and you would need to prime that pipe.

The pipe need not be large bore as there would be ages between pump draw-off for the flow to level.

If you made a tee pipe arrangement you could suck up the "leg" pipe to prime the cross pipe and then quickly bung a plug in the leg or put a tap in it to stop it. [ beer/wine makers shop for tube and shut off tap??]

Make sure you do something to keep the ends of the pipes at the bottom of the Aquaroll.[ Cable ties to two rods??]

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
I do this all the time I use the filler pipe, pull the end off, stick the pipe into roll with the pump in it and syphon into the other roll (quick suck and drop straight in).

Works a treat and means an uninterrupted supply, only drawback would be if you are worried about the suck on the pipe, we are not.

I also put the end of the filler pipe into the secondary roll and rest the filler cap on it - means you do not lose it and also less chance of a seagull hitting it.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Forgot to mention - our pipe does not quite hit the bottom of both barrels but this does not present a problem, I just tip the last few litres into the other one. As the pipe is stiff enough it does not need weights or tethering to the bottom.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Not if you are having showers!

Seriously it takes about 5 seconds longer than swapping from one barrel to the other and it is kit that you are using anyway.

Our spare barrel is one of the old aquarolls with a narrower filler and will not take our pump anyway.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
We have two 29 litre aquarolls joined together. My husband drilled a small hole in each one, put a thin piece of pipe between them, and so the water levels just equal themselves. He made a small bung for use when filling and that's it.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
considering if you want a shower 40litres is more than enough and you will already have water in the heater and system as well, why bother. After all you then have to fill two at the same time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts