connections

Sep 15, 2005
Visit site
my car is fitted with only a 12n supply is there any way i can connect 12n and12s supply too the one plug without going through the major exspense of wiring the car for a 12s supply

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You don't have to have a 12S socket to tow a caravan, it is there to supply power to the battery charger, fridge etc while towing. The caravan road lights (except reversing lights) are powered by the black 12N socket.

On the continent they only have the one socket with 13 pins which performs all functions.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You don't have to have a 12S socket to tow a caravan, it is there to supply power to the battery charger, fridge etc while towing. The caravan road lights (except reversing lights) are powered by the black 12N socket.

On the continent they only have the one socket with 13 pins which performs all functions.
if im correct,somebody will right me if i'm wrong,if the van is fitted with reversing lights(older models arn't),they have to work.if the 12v grey connection is not there,then they can't work????.so i think you might have to fit.all lights on a vehicle whatever they are must be in working order as far as i know.

Sep 15, 2005
Visit site
i am aware that u can tow without 12s supply but i didn,t know if there was a adapter which plugs in too the 12n plug on me car and feeds 12n and 12s supplies at once

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Klarky, reversing lights do not form part of the MOT manual. You could though be issued with a failure if they weere on all the time. Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Paul, there is not an adaptor that would allow you to run the 12S circuits from the 12N supplies. As has already been said the 12N is just for the road lights including fog, indicators, brake and side lights.

The 12S requires a permanent feed on pins 4+ and 3-. It also needs the fridge supply, which must be switched so it is only on when the engine is running, on pin 6+ and 7- (slightly different for pre 1998 vans).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Paul, I wouldn't bother with a caravan dealer, you want a tow bar fitter. I would think a total cost of supply & fit of about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts