Convertaflap

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Do you have a chest of drawers with the fold up table extension?
I've seen the advert and wondered if anyone has fitted and used one? Are they any good?
I'm tempted but want to be certain it still looks ok.
Thanks

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Dustydog

I have no experiance of this item neither do I have one fitted to my van.
However after doing a google on this item my only comment would be as follows:
As the original table is cleared and then flipped over the table becomes completly flat when extended.
Looking at the pictures provided by the supplier for the extension it looks as if when pulled out it leaves a step from the original table and therefore is not completly flat which i my opinion does not allow it to be used as a full length table more as a small coffee table extension.
This is only my opinion and would need to be investigated further by you to see if it is acceptable or not
I hope my thoughts help in your decision

Regards

John

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Nigel Donnelly said:
I'll buy one, fit it and let you know

That's brilliant Nigel
smiley-cool.gif

I saw the ad in September's mag. Just proves a sad old dog like me does read the mag
smiley-laughing.gif

Look forward to hearing from you.

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I installed a Converta Flap in out S6 Senator California and very pleased with the result. True, there is s small "step" in the table top and a loss in overall length of about 1inch but neither of these present any problem when eating at the table. Easily fitted by a competent DIY-er. Just take care to line the parts up correctly so it slides properly and looks right.
Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
DSC00003.jpg
I

DSC00002.jpg

I converted the Senator at no cost
All I did was remove the screws from the piano hinge where it fixed to the lower flap and screwed the hinge to the front shelf under the window

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I converted mine 18 months ago for a fraction of the cost.Remove screws from piano hinge fixing to sliding part of top,obtain piece of timber 50mm x 20mm x610mm long and fix vertical above the top of chest with top slid foward with 3 screws to front of ledge cutting out 2 pieces to miss brackets fixing unit to van.Then refix hinge to top new timber,all you need to do then is reposition magnet by 20mm by using piece of the timber as packing to lock sliding flap as this is now 20mm forward.I then stuck a small piece of thin felt underside of flap front egde with some dsa to allow flap to slide freely with weight of tv on it.We use it every time for meals now as there is only the two of us.The only thing you have to by 1.8 meter legth from bq for about £2-30 but this will do 3 vans so works out conversion for less thn 80p.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Well done John G and Birdman.
I'm going to do mine.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I assume it can be reversed at time of future sale. ie the green baize stuff comes off ok?

Many thanks for the pics too John. Great as ever
smiley-cool.gif

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Easilly reversed you will never know its been altered easiest mod i have ever done.The piece of felt/baze is fitted under top hinged flap just in from front edge it is only 6mm wide x 50mm long just needs enough to let the flap slide smoothly so that it does not scratch top over a period of time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts