Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi to you all from Rusty & Clive

After much deliberation we have swapped motorhoming for caravanning. We are now at the beginning of a huge new learning curve! It seemed a bit a daunting at first, there's so much to learn! It's great to know that there are so many friendly people out there only too willing to help if we have a problem. Our first sortie out will be the week after Easter, so if anybody wants a laugh we'll be at Sandringham C&CC for a week. A gleaming new Stirling Emerald with two old f..ts & a couple of terrorist dogs at the helm! We can't wait.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
welcome to the forum. We also swapped motorhoming for caravaning and the space seems palatial. Also great to e able to get in the car to go to the shops and not have to decamp.

mel

Mar 14, 2008
Visit site
Rusty and Mel, there is truth in what you write, but I wonder if it is possible to have the best of both past-times without breaking the bank?

Perhaps there is always a market for touring caravans and motorhomes that are well maintained?

Anybody here who own and enjoy both? If so, I am considering joining your ranks.

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rusty & Clive

We will be at the CC site at Sandringham the week after Easter also. I hope the weather has eased off before then, it is looking pretty grim over Easter weekend itself.

Good luck.

David

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
Rusty and Mel, there is truth in what you write, but I wonder if it is possible to have the best of both past-times without breaking the bank?

Perhaps there is always a market for touring caravans and motorhomes that are well maintained?

Anybody here who own and enjoy both? If so, I am considering joining your ranks.

Oh to have the time and the money to have both! Friend of mine has a motorhome and tows a Smart car. {pipe delimiter}We always maintained that to go that route we might as well have a caravan, however there are many motorhomers towing cars. I suppose it's horses for courses. It was not an easy decision to convert and I do miss the simplicity of the motorhome but, as mel says, the space is palatial in comparison and we haven't even got out of the storage site yet! Still trying to work out how everything works!

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
welcome to the forum. We also swapped motorhoming for caravaning and the space seems palatial. Also great to e able to get in the car to go to the shops and not have to decamp.

mel

Thanks for the welcome, we too can't get over the space we've got. Looking forward to being able to visit places without the worry of where (or if!) we can park up. We do use local transport when we're away but the convenience of using the car to get out and about to some of the more remote places will be great.

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rusty & Clive

We will be at the CC site at Sandringham the week after Easter also. I hope the weather has eased off before then, it is looking pretty grim over Easter weekend itself.

Good luck.

David

As it will be our first outing we're not too worried about the weather, just getting there and learning the ropes! (but hope the weather's good for all you seasoned caravanners)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts