Cooker oven temperature regulator

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mine has never worked corectly, just turn it to max and keep checking it, and we never bake a cake in it.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Mine has never worked corectly, just turn it to max and keep checking it, and we never bake a cake in it.

Thinking about that. Ours seems to work in that it regulates and will turn down. But whenusing on a high setting, food has to be cooked much longer than it says o the packet. So it does not reach the same temperatures as the oven at home.

John

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The Thetford oven in our caravan has the numbers on the dial, but in reality it's either on full blast or very low.
It hasn't got the amount of control that our electric cooker at home has.
I find that because the caravan oven is a bit smaller than the home one ours can get quite hot, so I have to make adjustments to prevent food from burning.
If I'm going to oven cook anything in the caravan now I tend to use my electric slow cooker if possible, a recent addition since it was replaced at home with a better model.

Jul 29, 2021
Visit site
Thanks Hutch, This seems to be a common fault with these ovens, our oven appeared to work normally for the first five years, and looks like it could be an expensive fix so I think we will just live with it.

Jul 29, 2021
Visit site
The Thetford oven in our caravan has the numbers on the dial, but in reality it's either on full blast or very low.
It hasn't got the amount of control that our electric cooker at home has.
I find that because the caravan oven is a bit smaller than the home one ours can get quite hot, so I have to make adjustments to prevent food from burning.
If I'm going to oven cook anything in the caravan now I tend to use my electric slow cooker if possible, a recent addition since it was replaced at home with a better model.
Thanks Parksy, Your right with your comment, I think we will live with it, and we have a slow cooker in the caravan that will definitely come into play.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When did you have the cooker serviced, and I do not mean the annual check to see if it lights?

I suspect that with use over the 5 years you say it was OK, that the burner and jet have become partially blocked and it needs a good clean and possibly a new jet.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
One of the worst aspects with the Thetford is the grill which is a grill only in name as you cannot grill anything under it. We have never used the grill in our current caravan as we have the same model of Thetford in this caravan as in the previous caravan.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The infamous grill. Three design problems.

1. The centre section of the burners is smaller than the ends so you only get half the flame.

2. The OEM jet is too small and blocks easily.

3. The gas pipe from the tap to the jet rusts ,blocking the jet.

Mine gets dismantled every couple of years for thorough cleaning.
Also if you check the Thetford Spec you can install the next size up jet.I recall about 5thou larger. Note that full combustion takes place. Anything larger will lead to combustion problems and take you outside of tolerance.
Also never clean the jet with needles etc. A good wash in soapy water or brake cleaning fluid will do the trick.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
One of the worst aspects with the Thetford is the grill which is a grill only in name as you cannot grill anything under it. We have never used the grill in our current caravan as we have the same model of Thetford in this caravan as in the previous caravan.
We find the grill does work, but is not that efficient. Can be patchy and needs things moving when used.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts