Corner Steady locating tubes

Feb 10, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know where to obtain these, and if they are still made?.My van is an Ace Aristocrat 480, and the rear steadies are are a job to find sometimes cos of old knees.

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
Hello Alan.

There are two ways to approach the problem of accessing awkward corner-steadies with plastic tubes; you can either buy the kit from AL-KO or visit a plumbers merchant.

You will find details of the proper kit ( called the Comfort Kit ) at .

http://www.al-ko.co.uk/steadies-standard.htm
As you will see, they explain that it consists of four lengths of plastic tubing which can be cut to the required length and screwed to the underside of the caravan floor. As far as this is concerned, you could obtain similar materials from a plumbers merchant for less money.

Where the official kit comes into its own is the inclusion of two angled adaptors ( of different ) lengths which enable the kit to be used from a standing position. It was the inclusion of these that I thought made the official kit good value - and as they say, "it does what it says on the tin" and to me was money well spent.

Olly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The plumbers merchant solution is much cheaper. Just measure the head diameter of your winder and unless you are very unlucky this will be a nice easy fit inside standard small drain pipe. Brackets are available from the same source but may need to be "stood off" the underside of the van with wooden pads to get correct alignment. Whole thing should be around a fiver at most.

When fitting leave the outside ends of the tubes sticking out a bit further than you first think - makes finding them very easy and you can always trim later. Tubes and brackets can be painted if you don't like white - if you buy in France you can get all the bits in dark grey which saves the trouble.

Feb 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello Alan.

There are two ways to approach the problem of accessing awkward corner-steadies with plastic tubes; you can either buy the kit from AL-KO or visit a plumbers merchant.

You will find details of the proper kit ( called the Comfort Kit ) at .

http://www.al-ko.co.uk/steadies-standard.htm
As you will see, they explain that it consists of four lengths of plastic tubing which can be cut to the required length and screwed to the underside of the caravan floor. As far as this is concerned, you could obtain similar materials from a plumbers merchant for less money.

Where the official kit comes into its own is the inclusion of two angled adaptors ( of different ) lengths which enable the kit to be used from a standing position. It was the inclusion of these that I thought made the official kit good value - and as they say, "it does what it says on the tin" and to me was money well spent.

Olly.
Thanks Oliver and Ray, i will look into that tomorrow.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts