Cornwall covid clusters

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 15, 2021
Visit site
Broadcasting live from West Kernow - "This local Derby is really really hotting up with Newquay West (1229/100k) unbelievably now pipping Newquay East (1204/100k) on covid counts. Previously N East held the record at a lower 1,184, but N West's defending has obviously been tested more than N East's and they have just not been able to fend off the onslaught of covid carriers. But their scores are still close and all to play for with August looming."

:(

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the info , arob.wk, myself and Mrs H are being carefull as Mrs H is highly vulnerable.
As much as we want to get away, and will loose another year of touring, we are willing to just keep local, 50 miles and to small CL/ CS. And look at the rise in The Virus and it changes. And will cancel as required.
Stay safe folk.

Reactions: arob.wk
Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Arnt cases going to rise anyway.

The point of the vaccine is not to reduce case numbers but to minimise the danger to oneself therefore reducing hospital admissions.

I wouldn't be overly concerned at the moment,

Reactions: WayneS
Jul 15, 2021
Visit site
Fully get the point you're making @Darren.H ; the point of the vaccine is to prepare the immune system to tackle the virus before it can get a hold and do any real "damage". However, as I understand it, one can still contract the virus (after vaccination) and then still pass it on. Best we don't I say, especially with variant strains turning up all the time.

Also to say that I've been humbled by a friend from Painton, Devon. He's passed on the recent case number statistic from Torbay which "boasts" a 5,009/100k case rate. Now that presently makes Newquay, Cornwall look like a quarantine ward !

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 15, 2021
Visit site
The gist of a Cornish covid story told to me by a gardening client who works in a Cornish medical centre:

I'm not sure if the telephone caller was calling 101 or the Med Centre itself, but no real matter - Caller "I'm really not well" ... "OK, but firstly to say Sir that you will need a covid test" ... "No need, I had one in London on Wednesday and tested positive" ... "Then you should have self-isolated, not travel" ... "But I was coming to Cornwall and planning to just sit on the beach"

So that's why SW England is now pretty much Covid Central with our local health system pretty much busted and why so many local folk (e.g. Cornish folk) are not receiving other essential LIFE-SAVING medical treatments in time !! So much for BoJo's faith in the common-sense of the UK public !!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
The gist of a Cornish covid story told to me by a gardening client who works in a Cornish medical centre:

I'm not sure if the telephone caller was calling 101 or the Med Centre itself, but no real matter - Caller "I'm really not well" ... "OK, but firstly to say Sir that you will need a covid test" ... "No need, I had one in London on Wednesday and tested positive" ... "Then you should have self-isolated, not travel" ... "But I was coming to Cornwall and planning to just sit on the beach"

So that's why SW England is now pretty much Covid Central with our local health system pretty much busted and why so many others cannot receive other essential LIFE-SAVING medical treatments in time !!

I will be there an the 17th, tested and clear. With fingers crossed that nothing else happens. We have got a booking.

John

Reactions: arob.wk
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We arrive Cornwall this Friday . Where are you staying John?

We are doing Honiton, Putts Corner, Plymouth, Then Marizion, followed by a couple of nights at Cadeside Wellington to brake up the return journey. About 17 nights all told.

And where will you be?

John

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We are doing Honiton, Putts Corner, Plymouth, Then Marizion, followed by a couple of nights at Cadeside Wellington to brake up the return journey. About 17 nights all told.

And where will you be?

John
John,
First week Trevalgan , St Ives, second CAMC St Agnes Head. SWMBO is on her big birthday , lots of water colour painting courses. I already know where I will be🍺🍺🍺

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts