Coronation

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Is anybody doing anything special for the coronation of King Charles III tomorrow?
Are you having a party, going to the pub or watching the service on TV?
Normally we'd have our next door neighbours round for drinks on such an occasion, but first thing in the morning I'll be dropping the aforementioned neighbours off at Hilton Park services on the M6 where they will board a coach which will take them to join their cruise ship bound for the Norwegian Fiords.
I'm finished driving for the day after that, so no doubt I'll be raising a glass or two to King Charles and Queen Camilla during the day.
Cheers 🍷🍷🍷

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The Plan so far is to have Our Normal Smoked Salmon and Scrambled eggs for breakfast, get showered and dressed and watch The Event from about 10 .30 with a couple of bottles of Cava. And at about 2pm wander round to the local pub for some Coronation chicken, Gratis of the pub landlady.
And then a BBQ for friends on Sunday. The village, Woburn Sands, Bucks, has been included in the Battle of British Memorial Flight , for a fly past at 13, 25 ish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parksy
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Will watch on TV. No street party this year unlike last May. So taking family to pub for Sunday lunch as weather 4 cast not good for bbq. Played croquet with the “lead performer “ in 1972, but since then our paths have diverged.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Tomorrow my (republican) brother and SiL are traveling from Elsmere Port to Exeter with caravan in order to do their yearly long stint in Spain. We plan to meet them at Gloucester Services for lunch.

Will catch up on the TV.

Sunday we will be having a small street party in the close. Bunting went up today.

John

Last edited:
Reactions: GaryB
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Although no issue swearing allegiance to King and country, we will have a normal Saturday, Going to pub for a drink or two and then back to caravan for a BBQ.

Not bothered with the Coronation as think it is a total waste of money and resources, but that is just me and I am not a republican.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The big birthday was yesterday so today and tonight we are celebrating with family and friends in our local Town Hall. Granddaughters are sleeping in the Wyoming by request. Start them young! I invited Charlie and Cam but unfortunately they are otherwise engaged🤔🤔
Tomorrow is a free for all street party in the Cul de Sac. Any food and booze left over from tonight will be preserved for tomorrow. Enjoy all your celebrations where ever you may be. A truly historic day. Plenty of wonderful classic and choral music on now BBC1👏👏👏

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Happy Birthday Celebrations Alan.🎂:beercheers::wineglass:

We are having a quiet weekend as I have just finished week1 of 4 weeks of radiotherapy!
Back to it bank holiday at 8am for me at Churchill hospital Oxford.

Gathering with neighbours in the close Monday pm if weather is kind.

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Sat watching it in the caravan over breakfast. It strikes me how dependent on religion our system is for a country where most aren’t religious other than pretending to be for birth / death / marriage.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site

We are having a quiet weekend as I have just finished week1 of 4 weeks of radiotherapy!

Sorry to hear this news Bill. The travelling alone daily must be wearisome 😥Wishing you a very speedy full recovery.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

Radiotherapy is not pleasant takes about 2 weeks before it really hits you. My treatment was for 6 weeks. Had it done just over 2 years ago and latest check up on Thursday showed all clear. (y)
:)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Hi Bill. Having a well deserved rest between therapies, hoping the rest of your treatment goes well and that you can enjoy the future with good health and positivity.

Reactions: Gafferbill
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just been to pub. Only 3 other people there. Normally Saturday fairly busy. Must be something happening? Oh well BBQ time when we get back to the caravan.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
The pubs in Broadway were quite busy as well as the mass drenching celebrations on the green. Actually the weather seemed to be perking up a bit there, I even spotted a patch of blue sky! However back on site, pouring down again. This hill seems to attract the rain. Here's hoping for some fire pit action later on, but not holding my breath!

Reactions: Buckman
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
The pubs in Broadway were quite busy as well as the mass drenching celebrations on the green. Actually the weather seemed to be perking up a bit there, I even spotted a patch of blue sky! However back on site, pouring down again. This hill seems to attract the rain. Here's hoping for some fire pit action later on, but not holding my breath!

It’s a nice place (when it’s not raining!) and some nice pubs but we thought the Indian restaurant was over-rated.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site

Sorry to hear this Gafferbill, hope all goes well and wish you a speedy recovery, take time out and relax, all the best Kev & Mags

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Tomorrow my (republican) brother and SiL are traveling from Elsmere Port to Exeter with caravan in order to do their yearly long stint in Spain. We plan to meet them at Gloucester Services for lunch.

Met my brother and SiL, nice bit of lunch. I gave him my spare pump just in case. No good to me now.

He just called me. They got to Exeter racecourse no problem. Booked in and they accepted an out-of-date voucher with no problem. They bought a ticket to support RNLI and found a pitch, went back to the office to find they had won on the 50/50 ticket £17. Tried to donate some back but it was refused. They were then informed that the CAMHC had donated drinks for the coronation, so spent a pleasant couple of hours in nice sunshine partaking with fellow campers. (They forgot to tell them they are Republicans)!

So
Lunch with his better looking brother
A free pum
Old £20 voucher accepted
£17 win
Free dinks
Sunshine

I said “what are you going to Spain for?”

John

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneS

TRENDING THREADS