Cost of a New Caravan.

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Is it me or has the price of new caravans increased greater than inflation?

We bought second or maybe sixth hand for our first van, shiney new for our second around 5 years ago, looking around to replace it for new again and I'm feeling the prices have rocketed in the last few years, am I wrong?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
They have rocketed. Frankly I would not buy second hand this year. If your old model is in good condition I would hope that next year will show reduced prices and wait. There is more demand than supply at the moment and that has forced prices up.

Reactions: Darren.H
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
They have rocketed. Frankly I would not buy second hand this year. If your old model is in good condition I would hope that next year will show reduced prices and wait. There is more demand than supply at the moment and that has forced prices up.
Yes I find that too. Price of new cars has gone up enough to make me wince. Plan on keeping both ours for as long as possible. At 45k miles for the Subaru and 34k for the Kia with three more years left on it warranty there’s no incentive to change. A neighbour sold his 2013 MH last year due to lockdown. He’d had it since 2017. The dealership advertised it for more than he had paid in 2017 and it went within a week.

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
If I sold privately perhaps I'd get more, but having had a valuation its looking like book price is based upon original purchase price.
Caravans don't seem to advance technology wise as fast as cars so the desire to exchange isnt that great, the driver is a different layout but again not super important.
I think our 2016 Coachman Pastiche was around £22k purchased in 2017, similar van is now around £26.5k ???

Ouch.

Reactions: Richard and Ann

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts