Cost of tyres and Tyron Bands

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm a great fan of Tyron bands. They saved me from a nasty accident when a tyre blew out on a previous van. I have them fitted both to the caravan and our tow car.

After contributing to another thread on Tyron band I was checking out the prices paid for replacement tyres and Tyron bands for my Avondale Landranger, twin axle van last year. I had the bands fitted to the van which was new to me when I had the tyres changed.

The price I paid was a REAL BARGAIN compared with what some folks have been quoted by caravan dealers. I thought that this information could help to save some of you a lot of money.

We had 5 bands (13 inch wheels) supplied and fitted - we did the spare wheel too, in April 2004.

The price was £34.01 per band for each wheel, or £170.38 FOR ALL FIVE. plus £5.88 for the "customer care kit" (Basically an extra long Allen key which you give to a tyre fitter to enable him to remove the band if he needs to remove the tyre to repair or replace it.)

The company Tyrecare of St Helens (www.tyrecaresthelens.co.uk) is a Hi-Q network member and so there is probably one of their members near you, wherever you are.

Regards and happy caravanning on Tyron Bands - I'm not on commission from Tyron or my tyre dealer by the way.

Regards

Tim

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Paul - "...but you do expect that the dealer you are buying from should give you the best deal having parted with thousands of pounds on a new van."

I think a lot depends on your relationship with the dealer and how you negotiated the price / trade-in on the old caravan.

Also you should be wary of services supplied by the dealer that come from a third party, particularly if it is difficult for you to do a price comparison or see if you are paying a mark-up twice.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts