Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello. We are setting off for Spain next week for six weeks. Our intended destination is somewhere near Palafrugell in the Costa Brava area. As we have never been able to travel outside of school holidays and the height of summer before we are not sure what to expect weather wise. Can anyone of the knowledgeable people on here please offer some advice as to what we can expect. It will seriously assist my wardrobe dilemma! Thank you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clearly I am not qualified to advise a lady on her wardrobe, but advice based on quite a number of years spending about 4 months in Spain each Spring is take less than you think. If you plan to go out several times a week you may need two dress up outfits, but life is pretty informal. Weather will probably be hot and dry by UK standards.
We ( combined ages 150+) were in shorts 80% of our 4 month stay New Year onwards.

Rain is pretty unlikely, but some days can be quite windy, and very drying to the skin. Have a look at the website www.eltieo.es and put in your intended destinations. You should be able to find some seasonal history.

We stay in a less populated area and the lack of clothes shops is noticable, but there are many markets where reasonable quality can be obtained at very reasonable prices if you need to supplement what you have taken. I am told ( with considerable authority, you understand) that -'mix and match' is the secret.

Not dress, but the other fabric worth taking is J cloths which don't seem too common in Spanish supermarkets.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts