Covid 19 complacency.

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
I'm slightly disappointed that the emphasis in reporting has been "Social Distance =1m" rather than "Social Distance =2m BUT..."

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm slightly disappointed that the emphasis in reporting has been "Social Distance =1m" rather than "Social Distance =2m BUT..."
I'm not commenting about the efficacy of the government's changes to lock down regulations, but the Gov has said try to keep to 2M distancing, but has also said in certain situations 1M is now permissible.

The public's understanding of what the regulations are and how they should be applied are not explained very well in the Government's news conferences.

You need to look at the supporting documentation, which is not exactly made easily accessible to the general public, so we tend to rely on the media who do have the supporting documents, and interpret it, but the media's agenda is to find headlines and splash the big story and they often seem to forget to report the whole thing in a balanced way.

Reactions: PTA
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Whist it doesn't affect us I am sure that many people will find the guidance on meeting up with others either family, or friends and whether its indoors or outside, and overnight stays very confusing. I think we are approaching the fingers crossed moment as surely regarding people meeting up many will start right now as opposed to 4 July.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Also my wife says always wear your mask when you go out but that only taking our two dogs on the mobility scooter for a run first thing and i am not allowed to do anything else ..i also agree with Ray care is needed :giggle:

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Recent events, Bournemouth, London, Liverpool etc do make you wonder about some significant numbers of our fellow countrymen. What gets into them, the majority being of an age not to be troubled with memory loss about how to listen to advice, or ability to understand at least the basics of risk and probability, and clearly not any recollection or belief in ' do as you would be done by'
And the overdose of 'news' does not help.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I also agree with (Ray S ) about Brighton, London, Liverpool , just reading about Bournemouth today three men stabbed near pier/ Bournemouth Aghast with Beach Chaos why can they not clean up after themselves i just don"t know what going on in this country anymore .
Take Care Keep Safe Everyone :giggle:

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Recent events, Bournemouth, London, Liverpool etc do make you wonder about some significant numbers of our fellow countrymen. What gets into them, the majority being of an age not to be troubled with memory loss about how to listen to advice, or ability to understand at least the basics of risk and probability, and clearly not any recollection or belief in ' do as you would be done by'
Apparently all of these people used their "common sense" :innocent: Mmmm..... that's why I don't :devilish:

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
My old tutor used to say the term "common sense" was an excuse for sloppy thinking and not having to justify a point..
Real sense is rarely common...as events in Bournemouth, Brighton and Liverpool demonstrate.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Real Sense is rarely common as events in Glasgow & London demonstate :giggle:

Those events unfortunately have nothing to do with the concerns expressed relating to large crowds gathering on beaches or elsewhere. They seem to be more aligned with individuals suffering mental health problems.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Those events unfortunately have nothing to do with the concerns expressed relating to large crowds gathering on beaches or elsewhere. They seem to be more aligned with individuals suffering mental health problems.
I Have already mention about the large crowds on the beaches and i would say leaving rubbish will not help either (Brighton & Bournemouth )
I would have concerns if someone dies that not helping this Virus
How do you get suffering mental health problems if a man shot dead

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
How can the pigheaded imbecile's have trouble with memory loss when they have no brain?
Every one is going on about "common" and "real" sense, sorry its neither of these, its a matter of survival!!
When they like my family have to sit and wait for covid test results on your five year old grandaughter, they MAY just sit back and think.............but I doubt it.
It is just awful with what goes on in your head and you have to think about the other family members, my son and DIL what on earth are they going through, I know we are not the only family but boy oh boy I dont wish this on any one.

Luckily the result came at 7.00am this morning, she has tested NEGATIVE and in the clear.
The relief has no words.
Stay Safe everyone.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I Have already mention about the large crowds on the beaches and i would say leaving rubbish will not help either (Brighton & Bournemouth )
I would have concerns if someone dies that not helping this Virus
How do you get suffering mental health problems if a man shot dead
The recent murders in a Glasgow hotel where an asylum seeker allegedly went on a knife rampage are nothing to do with Covid 19 complacency.
According to reports, the poor WiFi connection at the hotel drove one of these asylum seekers over the edge.
Events in London are connected with civil disobedience coupled with poor policing.
It strikes me as odd that police and local authorities declare an emergency and vow to clear the area because irresponsible idiots crowd breaches, but they are happy to stand idly by and watch when statues are destroyed and national war memorials are vandalised.
Covid 19 notwithstanding, I think that we may be looking forward to a summer of discontent amongst some elements of society.

Reactions: Buckman and PTA
May 7, 2012
Visit site
It seems to me that to protect the beaches in places like Bournemouth the council need to shut a proportion of the car parks and be strict with street parking so late comers have to go elsewhere, with limiting the number of train tickets available as well. I know it is difficult but we need to get stricter with the selfish idiots.
For those at street parties and the like an automatic £1,000 fine for being there. We need draconian measures if people will not act sensibly.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Apologies if I linked London to the Reading murders. But anywhere east of Theale is London to a mere Midlander

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts