Cracks in top of rear panel 2006 Swift Challenger 540

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
Just given the van a wash this morning, going away on Wednesday, as I was up the ladder I noticed a small patch of cracked / cracked ABS at the top of the rear one piece panel I also noticed hairline cracks on the top rear corners of the panel.

Anyone come across this before?

We have not dinged the van so its nothing due to impact.

Let me know

Fouldsy

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
I have done same on Friday /Saturday giving the van a good wash and polish. When i got to the rear panel i saw the bedding sealant had a gap so i bought some sealant and whilst cleaning the old stuff off i was dismayed to find the gel coat had cracked and a piece about 25mmx12mm missing .the reason i missed this was that the beddind sealant covered it up.I also have several hairline cracks on the front panel and by the grab handles.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
THESE ARE ALMOST CERTAINLY STRESS FRACTURES,IF YOUR VAN HAS BEEN SERVICED ANNUALLY YOU MUST TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER AND HAVE THEM REPAIRED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AS THEY COULD GET A LOT WORSE

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Robert and Fouldsy

Klarky is spot on. Not only should you contact your dealers asap, it will be prudent to drop Kath Powell a line at Swift. Kath

has posted many times on this forum and seems very willing to help where she can.

Please let us all know how you get on.

Robert, What year is yours?

Cheers

Alan

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Alan asked what year is ours, i suppose in the first place i should have mentioned ours is a Coachman Pastiche 460/2 year 2001.However we have simular problems to Fouldsy.

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Fouldsy

I think your rear will be made from GRP. These can be rectified readily under warranty. The spider cracking is usually the surface of the gelcoat and does not normally crack through to the fibre matting to cause structural damage.

We can follow this through with your dealer if you like, our contact is enquiries@swiftleisure.co.uk or telephone our customer careline on 01482 875740.

Please tell them about your post as the team will be expecting your contact. Alternatively you can just contact your dealer.

Regards

Kath

p.s sorry about the delay in responding - been away for a long weekend

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for their comment and feedback, big thanks to Kath at Swift for her post to this topic, I have spoken with them today and they are contacting my dealer with the details to sort the problem out.

We are off to Northumberland tomorrow (River Breamish)so it will have to wait a couple of weeks.

If the problem is sorted with the same service that I have had from Swift today I will be a very very happy vanner!

Live the dream

Fouldsy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts