crossways caravan club site dorset

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sharon, I have been many times as I live in Dorset and it is one of our favorite sites. It is made up of a number of glades in what I think was an old quarry. I would expect some of them may struggle to get a lot of sun but others are very good. You usually get a choice of the pitches when you arrive as CC do not reserve pitches, so if you are not in main season you would be spoilt for choice.

The site is alongside the main Waterloo to Weymouth railway line so there is some train noise but its not really intrusive and you soon get used to it. The pitches adlacent to the railway are best for the evening sun. Moreton Station is very close to the site and easy train link to Weymouth or Poole and Bournemouth. There is a very good pub adjacent to the station.

I'm sure you will enjoy it and its great for kids who build dens etc in the woods.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sharon, I have been many times as I live in Dorset and it is one of our favorite sites. It is made up of a number of glades in what I think was an old quarry. I would expect some of them may struggle to get a lot of sun but others are very good. You usually get a choice of the pitches when you arrive as CC do not reserve pitches, so if you are not in main season you would be spoilt for choice.

The site is alongside the main Waterloo to Weymouth railway line so there is some train noise but its not really intrusive and you soon get used to it. The pitches adlacent to the railway are best for the evening sun. Moreton Station is very close to the site and easy train link to Weymouth or Poole and Bournemouth. There is a very good pub adjacent to the station.

I'm sure you will enjoy it and its great for kids who build dens etc in the woods.
Sharon, I never answered your question about what is in the area but there is no problem as Weymouth, Lulworth Cove and the rest of the 'Jurrasic' coast is nearby as is Dorchester. Thomas Hardy's cottage, Lawrence of Arabia's grave and Monkey World are close.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Crossways, nice site, close to scenic areas and convenient for touring Dorset. I remember the toilets there, they are 'dry' due to sewerage logistics and when you sit on the loo because there is a large cavity below you, (emptiable human waste containers) you get a draught around your rear end - a strange feeling!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thank you for your comment's we will probably not have much choice of pitch as we are going there in august but i am sure we will have a nice time anyway and the kid's will enjoy building den's.

sharon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thank you for your comment's we will probably not have much choice of pitch as we are going there in august but i am sure we will have a nice time anyway and the kid's will enjoy building den's.

sharon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts