Culzean Castle CCC site - up-to-date information

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Further to my earlier questions. I was wondering if anyone had visited the CCC Culzean Castle site recently. We are considering visiting this site for about 10 days at the beginning of June.

In the reviews of the Camp Site Search Section people talk about access to the grounds of Culzean Castle to those camping on the site both at reduced rates during the day and in the evenings too. I was just wondering what the present situation is?

Is it possible to walk to the shoreline from the campsite or does you have to pay to enter the Castle grounds to do that?

The reasons I am asking is that there is a CS site Thomaston Farm nearby which is a lot cheaper unless staying at the CCC site gives a lot of advantages in visiting the castle grounds, walking to the beach, etc.

Any up-to-date info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

Apr 2, 2005
Visit site
Tim,

If you like using cl sites then I would stay at Thomaston Farm. Then take the car & drive to Maidens. You can park near the sea front (grass carpark) & walk into Culzean from here. This way you get into the grounds of Culzean for free. The walk from Maidens to Culzean is about 20 minutes.

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Thanks D

That's really helpful - we'll try that. You can't beat "on-the-ground" knowledge.

We had already decided for Thomaston and booked it for 10 days at the beginning of June.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts