Cushions when making up bed - right side up or upside down???

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Bit confused - do you make your bed up in your lounge by using your cushions the right way up or do you turn them upside down? I have seen lots of pics of new caravans with the bed made up using cushions right way up but my neighbour told us to turn the cushions over - that's what we did but son complained of it being too hard. Which is the best way?

PR

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
When we bought our caravan the dealer told us to turn them over when making the bed up to prevent damage to the proper faces.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! We did turn them over ... perhaps my son is like the Princess and the Pea and can feel stuff through thick sleeping bag lol. I thought they should be turned over and I always have put a sheet on top too - just in case.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not sure what layout you have , but we have always turned the cushions over, with the raised part at eithier end with the back flat cushions, positioned in the middle.
We have recently purchased a memoury foam mattress placed on top which makes the bed even more cosy.

Aug 1, 2007
Visit site
We sleep as 2 singles Hubby just rolls the back cushions over and the sit on the floor either side of the passage corner bits get put in boxes when he gets bedding out We have never turned swabs over We use quilts folded like an envelope

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
We turn them over.

This also saved the cushions when i brought the better half a morning cup of coffee and she spilt it.
As the cushions where the wrong way up not such a big panic over a potential stain although it did clean up nicely.

cheers
John

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all ... general opinion then is to carry on and turn them over which I shall continue to do. Sadly, the option as sleeping as singles won't do as my Son and my parents (well Dad, not Mum) are too long and their feet would hang over edge. However, if I can find another memory foam topper at £30 like I did at Poundland Plus in April, then I will purchase and keep rolled up to place on top of cushions (they're not having ours off of our bed lol).

Keep a couple of lovely fawn tactile throws over the seats when bed not in use as quickly learnt that spills better to clean off washable throws than seat cushions.

... and Lord B ... don't have any dogs to take out for night time piddles - only an OH and a teen - do they count????
smiley-wink.gif

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The handbook on our Avondale says do not turn them over as this may damage the cushions. I turned them over for three years before spotting this and no damage apparent. It may be worth checking your handbook.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
If you can't find an in-budget memory foam topper, how about a duvet under the sleeping bag. My lad sleeps with a duvet-in-a-cover under and a duvet-in-a-cover over. Saves trying to get a sheet on the bed and its warmer.
mel

Apr 1, 2007
Visit site
I agree it's best not to turn them over as the fabric and / or buttons could get damaged by the slats
We too use a duvet under and over so seat covers won't get damaged anyway, plus it saves another job!

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Good idea Mel, don't really want to go to the expense of buying one for my boy as I suspect he won't want to come with us after next year. If we can persuade him to stay out in the awning he won't need one for there either. My parents have bought one for their bed from the Poundland Plus store or Poundstretcher Plus, can't remember now and it was still £29.99 for double. It is currently 'airing' across our caravan bed ready for their trip out with us this weekend! I hope that we don't get the high winds of two weekends ago ... can cope with the torrential rain but not the wind/rain. Luckily there are no rivers near the Broadway CC site lol.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts