Damage to outer skin, advice please

Jan 20, 2022
Visit site
Hi all,
Ive got a very shallow dent/crease just about the door on my Coachman; suspect I brushed against a hedge when towing down a narrow access road and a shrub/tree caught it. Its about 2m long, difficult to measure the depth but you can feel it easily and see it if it catches the light. Not a major issue, just bloody annoying really!
I suspect that the answer will be: live with it or face an expensive repair bill. But there may be a pearl of wisdom amongst you folk😊

Mark

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,
Ive got a very shallow dent/crease just about the door on my Coachman; suspect I brushed against a hedge when towing down a narrow access road and a shrub/tree caught it. Its about 2m long, difficult to measure the depth but you can feel it easily and see it if it catches the light. Not a major issue, just bloody annoying really!
I suspect that the answer will be: live with it or face an expensive repair bill. But there may be a pearl of wisdom amongst you folk😊

Mark
Could you buy some self adhesive pin striping and run along the line of the scratch. I did that on one caravan and it took your eye off of the defect. Alternatively decals may be suitable. Without seeing it it is hard to advise.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Could you buy some self adhesive pin striping and run along the line of the scratch. I did that on one caravan and it took your eye off of the defect. Alternatively decals may be suitable. Without seeing it it is hard to advise.
You may be surprised at the cost. The lady who hit my caravan paid for my mobile guy to fix this . £660. Sadly bodywork isn’t cheap. But not as bad as you think1664984189684.jpeg

Jan 20, 2022
Visit site
Thanks. It would be very difficult to capture in a photo.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Mark
Someone ran into our back at traffic lights resulting ripping the very bottom of the van and some small cracks in the van body work.
We put the van into a car body shop repair shop, (we asked first if they did GRP repairs) they did an excellent repair ( you can't see it ),the nearest matching paint - white was Toyota white.you can't see the difference.
As for the small cracks we covered with motor car clear enamel (you get a car touch up paint) and it comes with enamel touch up.

Reactions: Mark1962

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts