Sep 18, 2022
Visit site
Hello, Last winter I had my caravan rear wall repaired due to damp, When the season started I noticed that the wall behind the shower as wet and the cover was coming away , despite many calls / emails to the people that repaired the wall, only one reply came, asking where the van was sited so they could come and look. I have told them where and still no follow ups again despite many emails.

i have noticed further damp areas, suspect window sea
s may have gone,, Not sure if should try and fix myself. I do not want to waste another £2.5k on a so called repair

any sugbest ions on a way forward

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I suggest you read about your consumer rights under CRA2015 on the Which website. When you are au fait then bring CRA2015 to the repairers attention. Keep meticulous records and if required use recorded mail. If it comes to legal action then the Small Claims Court on line process is a low cost approach.

I would get an AWS technician to carry out a damp survey and inspect the damaged area and give advice on where the damp is penetrating from.

I have a friend whose supplying dealer gave him the brush off. So he followed the CRA2015 guidance via Which and his motorhome is being repaired at another Center this month. Costing £10k. He’s started legal action against the original dealership.

Good luck

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts