Damp meters

p38

Oct 3, 2021
Visit site
Hi all iam after a damp meter but not the ones with 2 spikes on them and not to dear are the ones you can buy on amazon/ebay any good and accurate.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
What type are you referring to? I used one of these shown below and although it has two spikes if used properly no one can see where you have been measuring. It did not give identical readings to those obtained by the AWS technicians survey, but it followed trends over the whole of the caravan. And that’s what I was looking for as a rising trend indicates action may be required.

Reactions: Hutch

p38

Oct 3, 2021
Visit site
What type are you referring to? I used one of these shown below and although it has two spikes if used properly no one can see where you have been measuring. It did not give identical readings to those obtained by the AWS technicians survey, but it followed trends over the whole of the caravan. And that’s what I was looking for as a rising trend indicates action may be required.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What do you want to use it for? The reason I ask is the construction used in a caravan is rather different, and you need to be able to interpret the readings to allow for the material and the way its made to know if the readings have any meaning.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I would highly recommend this one.

It has the best of both worlds. Invasive and pinless. Lots of material choices, softwood, hardwood, drywall, and stone, Mine gave similar readings to the engineer's super expensive one.

The pined part will always give the best reading, But the non-invasive is nice and quick and you can do continual readings which show how quickly the condition can change.

It comes in a nice holder and I think it's a good price for home use.

John

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

I have the same meter, it is ideal for checking around the van, under seal around windows, easy to read, has a lock ability so you can take measures from arms length. You don't need to be a Prof, to understand the instructions.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

That is what we use and find it quite accurate.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

I also got the same damp meter it was great checking the seals around the window of our last caravan .and good value

May 12, 2019
Visit site
I was at a caravan dealer once and when a motorist arrived towing a caravan presumably to sell to them the salesman immediately came out with a 2 prong Moisture Meter and went inside the caravan to check for moisture. (whether I would want to take a caravan to a dealer to sell it to them when it was raining is another matter)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts