Damp under front window 2005 Bailey Senator vermont series 5

Sep 3, 2023
Visit site
Looking for a little advice, viewed a very nice bailey 2005, obviously well cared for on sale for £4500, there was a little damp rear n/s corner floor probably from ingress from the toilet cassette compartment, not too much of an issue. there was a small patch of dark shading from a previous leak in the front locker but dry and the cause fixed and everything is solid.

Under the front window however the meter was reading in the 40's running along the centre window and spreading into the front side windows but nothing in the walls or above the lower lip of the windows, I cant check the pillars between the windows as the meter wont fit between the blinds, all of which look secure. there was no damp on the front cushions and no sign of internal ingress, and the only sign was the peeling edges of the small joining cover under the centre of the window hardly noticeable but an obvious sign of damp. I cant feel any damp under the lower window seals and there is nothing obvious on the outside There was some wetness in the in the front locker though and I wonder if rain is ingressing along the top of or settling along top of the locker casing.. Whatever it needs fixing..

The van has not been on the road since covid but was serviced in 2021 ..

Any advise is welcome

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The top rail joint fails. If removed and dried out and resealed all will be well. BUT you say it’s not been on the road since Covid nor serviced since 2021. I suspect the leak has been left too long and the timbers have remained wet too long to dry out successfully. A full repair professionally will be £2/3k .
I’m with Buckman, walk away and spend another day

This will give you an idea what lurks beneath! https://www.facebook.com/profile.ph...iAa9dvVvS99d4E4FiYIV7l8Kon_kQf&__tn__=-UC,P-R

Last edited:
May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you have 40% damp under the window this suggests there may be damage to the wooden frame below and could be expensive. I would agree with the others, walk away.

Reactions: stephenshaw1958

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts