DashCams

Page 7 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I am amazed that many are having issues with a Next base camera falling off. I have had one for about 5 years now, the suction mount has only fallen off possibly 3 times in that period. Having said that I do make sure the screen is spotless, and I push the mount very hard against the screen to expel as much air as is physically possible before operating the locking lever.

I fitted my own camera. The power lead is tucked under the headlining and passes down behind the trim panel on the passengers side "A" pillar and thence to the fuse box below the dash. Took me about an hour tops.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I am amazed that many are having issues with a Next base camera falling off. I have had one for about 5 years now, the suction mount has only fallen off possibly 3 times in that period. Having said that I do make sure the screen is spotless, and I push the mount very hard against the screen to expel as much air as is physically possible before operating the locking lever.

I fitted my own camera. The power lead is tucked under the headlining and passes down behind the trim panel on the passengers side "A" pillar and thence to the fuse box below the dash. Took me about an hour tops.
Sounds like you very handy with your hands at fitting stuff (y)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

The new ones have a sticky pad and not the suction mount. Once the sticky pad goes, no matter how many times you clean the area and re-stick it, the camera will fall off. The suction mount is best, but you cannot get them at present for some models like the 522 and 622GWs.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I contacted Nextbase and they could not advise if or when suction mounts would be available. Their instructions for the adhesive mount are poor in that there is only a shirt press required on first fitting then the power unit is fitted then the camera. But any installer will want to show the customer how to attach and remove the dash cam hence potentially putting stress on the adhesive bond which has had minimal time to develop its bond strength.

I modified the approach by letting the adhesive pad bond for 24 hours before completing the installation.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Sounds like you very handy with your hands at fitting stuff (y)
My missus reckons I am a borne tinkerer, and I have to admit I love doing this sort of stuff, much to the delight of friends and neighbours!
One think I won't touch though is gas as I don't have the kit to test for leaks :eek:

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My missus reckons I am a borne tinkerer, and I have to admit I love doing this sort of stuff, much to the delight of friends and neighbours!
One think I won't touch though is gas as I don't have the kit to test for leaks :eek:
I used to do all the wiring, fitting etc around the home and really enjoyed it. However now it is either phoning the local trades person or employing services of one of the grandsons. Still trying to work out if it is cheaper to employ a trades person or feed the grandsons when they do the job. LOL! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I recently needed to redo my facias, gutters, barge board, and lower sarking felt. At the back of the house. I am ‘in the know’ about who to get to do these things, and what is required. Estimate from Check a Trade, £5000, I paid £2000. But it still hurts as a couple of years ago I would have done it for the cost of materials, about £450.

Still got a decent job done.

Such is life.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I recently needed to redo my facias, gutters, barge board, and lower sarking felt. At the back of the house. I am ‘in the know’ about who to get to do these things, and what is required. Estimate from Check a Trade, £5000, I paid £2000. But it still hurts as a couple of years ago I would have done it for the cost of materials, about £450.

Still got a decent job done.

Such is life.

John
When we moved into our bungalow we had the facias barge board done he gave me a quote £1700 and i got a discount but please with the job completed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts