Daventry Forum - RIP

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
This is the message posted this afternoon. A bit one sided really because the fast majority on that forum conducted themselves very wrll. It seems one or two fell out with the owner so instead of sorting out the issues he just closed it down. His choice but how childish really.

Sadly, this rather short lived forum has now closed.

Due to several personal insults and attacks by some of the members which led to it's rapid demise, action was taken to try and control it.

This led to some members complaining about moderation and as a

result, much back-stabbing and tittle-tattling behind the scenes.

I have never before experienced such an ungrateful bunch of members and unfriendly caravanners.

To all those in the forum who were my friends and the best behaved lot, I'm sorry it's come to this and I hope we can stay in touch.

To all those who contributed to the forum's demise, I hope you're happy now.

Hasta la Vista!

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Tis a shame, I agree. I particularly liked LB's site catalogue as its so useful not only to have a personal opinion but pics as well. Also Plotters continental touring info. Should have saved it all somewhere, all that info lost. I think that the Daventry forum showed us how nice a 'modern' forum could be. It was easy to use, easy to see new posts and fun with peoples sign offs etc etc. Pity PC didn't buy it as it seemed cheap to run (

May 25, 2005
Visit site
I really enjoyed the banter on ConC forum and I never saw any bad mouthing, etc. Maybe I was just lucky. It really is a sad day when one or two 'members' are in a position to close a forum down due to their hostilities, etc.

Mind you, the admin on that site brought it on themselves and were to some extent to blame.

RIP

Ann

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
I am sorry to see its demise & as I have not been on the computer since before the week end, am only just finding out all the facts, but as I was not involved I am going to stay completely neautral & not take sides.

I know some of you will be on this site, so I hope to keep in touch. :eek:(

Where are the smiley things?

Graham

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I only saw what anything I would call crude once. The "vulgarity" as such was nothing more than mild. I'm sure, from what I've been told, there was more of that kind of thing in the Chat Room but in the three times I used it I don't recall any apart from the "f*rt" noises which were a feature of the hosting site.

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Having not had time to post on the forums just recently I now find one of them no longer exists !!!

I enjoyed it whilst it lasted and have to say it taught me many new ways of using my computor as I had never used smiley faces, shrunk pictures and added picture to a forum before.

So to all of those who helped me and widened my computor vocabulary and knowlegde... I thank you......pity we can not do those things on here !

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
So now we all know......Gary has posted a longer explanation.

I don't know how he finds the time between Taxi Driving,being Mod1, as well as being Legsmaniac!

What a shame a good forum was spoilt...and for what?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I only saw what anything I would call crude once. The "vulgarity" as such was nothing more than mild. I'm sure, from what I've been told, there was more of that kind of thing in the Chat Room but in the three times I used it I don't recall any apart from the "f*rt" noises which were a feature of the hosting site.
There was a bit of crude vulgarity on last night and that was just the 'new' mod and the 'new' admin ;0)

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi All,

Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please modernise P.C.

Lots of good stuff lost on the other site.

Miss the banter but hey,I never left this site either.So here's to the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I wasn't involved in the later 'chatroom' abuse between GoXP & Gary/Legs (Alias JC/Mod1) but I do believe that Gary's actions in trying to provoke other members re the anonimity of the Mods backfired on him. I was involved in earlier chat but bowed out when I could see it getting silly! I don't believe GoXP was totally innocent, but equally I think it's unfair to put all the blame on him. Those who were members of the site will no doubt have received a personal Email from Jason (GoXP) as I have and will form their own opinion.

Still I do think it's a great shame - it was a Very good site.

RIP & thanks for your efforts Gary (Legs)

Jul 10, 2007
Visit site
What's Happened?

Since the lies and backstabbing is continuing over on the PC Forum I felt it was time to put the matter to rest and reveal the REAL truth.

Soon after the forum started, several members got involved in posts with personal insults which resulted in a couple of members leaving. As a result, I accepted the help of a member who agreed to help moderate the forum. Sadly, this member also got attacked with personal abuse and insults too and decided to step down, even wanting to quit the site. A member suggested that more moderating was needed, something many of the members DIDN'T want because they thought they finally had a forum in which they could consider a "free for all" and because they considered the PC Forum too heavily moderated at the best of times. This member also suggested I create a new member so that I could post and join in "as someone else", taking some of the flak off me as a moderator. Instead, I decided to keep my username and set myself back as a member, creating someone who had appeared to have taken over the site. So yes, JC was me. Mod1 was me but Mod2 was another member, someone most all the members knew very well and had chatted to in the chatroom on many occasions. This member agreed to help me moderate the site.

Sadly, however, it all went downhill from there. The members were demanding to know who JC, Mod1 and Mod2 were. I tried to keep it up for a while to see if things would settle down but no, some members were persistent and especially that of GhostoXmasPast, otherwise referred to as goxp. Now, I was in the chatroom last night (8th Jan) which was one of the busiest nights the chatroom ever had. At first I was hidden and I'm sure those members who were in the chatroom will confirm what I saw, and that was goxp never once contributed to the conversation except to keep butting it with snide comments about the forum, JC and the Mods. Several members told him to give it a chance but he persisted in running the forum down. He then said that several more posts had been deleted and it was then that I appeared, as Mod1. I explained that no posts had been deleted since around tea time and he called me a liar. I KNOW no posts were deleted because I was Mod1 and I know Mod2 hadn't deleted anything because I asked him not to do any more moderating for a bit to let things cool down. Yet goxp persisted in saying posts were deleted.

Isn't it funny that goxp, someone who joined the forum as a bit of a mystery, refusing to let any members know who he was, continued his membership with something of anonymity yet was one of the members who was repeatedly demanding to know who JC and the Mods were, saying they shouldn't be anonymous?

Kind of hypocritical don't you think?

Anyway, after sleeping on all this, I decided that today I was going to delete JC and the Mods and put myself back as Site Admin and let you all know that it was a (admittedly) rather bad attempt to restore order. Many of you suspected it was a joke/trick anyway. The site would have continued once more with me at the helm. But no, to my horror, goxp, who claims to be Jason, says he has "photographic evidence" against me and the forum. Whilst I'm not sure what this "evidence" is that he claims to have, even photographic evidence can be altered. It seemed to me that it was too late, the damage was done.

So, well done goxp/Jason, you finally closed the site down with your lies and persistent moaning.

Jan 9, 2008
Visit site
Escuse me but the "Mod Slaughter" as G---/L--------c gleefully termed yesterdays behaviour was the problem I believe!

I can't immagine Mods/Admin here terming a moderators action in that way! Gary removed the chatroom log! Ask yourself why that was!

Funny how the site was taken down after he was told that the chatrooms content had been recorded!

The explanation posted is complete drivel! I kept quiet yesterday evening for a lot of the time as I followed the removal of posts that is still denied.

I even asked Gary in the chattroom to admit the site was still in his hands and that he was JC

JC/Gary/Mod1/Mod2/Legsmaniac brought it upon himself.

I only made comments on the chatroom when more posts were removed throughthe evening.

Please go to the thread started by Angus here on PC forum. It's under "Our Website" and the title is "Thanks Mods"

Just read the thread and then see if you believe the "0wners" of the former site!

Jason / GoXP

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Sorry to see that the other forum has shut down due to a few trouble makers. Still, I never left this one so it makes it easier than to keep flipping back.

Thanks Gary for your time and effort, perhaps now you can take a back seat[ didn't know you was a taxi driver ] and consentrate on your pub singing and Morris dancing now.

Edd

Jan 9, 2008
Visit site
What's Happened?

Since the lies and backstabbing is continuing over on the PC Forum I felt it was time to put the matter to rest and reveal the REAL truth.

Soon after the forum started, several members got involved in posts with personal insults which resulted in a couple of members leaving. As a result, I accepted the help of a member who agreed to help moderate the forum. Sadly, this member also got attacked with personal abuse and insults too and decided to step down, even wanting to quit the site. A member suggested that more moderating was needed, something many of the members DIDN'T want because they thought they finally had a forum in which they could consider a "free for all" and because they considered the PC Forum too heavily moderated at the best of times. This member also suggested I create a new member so that I could post and join in "as someone else", taking some of the flak off me as a moderator. Instead, I decided to keep my username and set myself back as a member, creating someone who had appeared to have taken over the site. So yes, JC was me. Mod1 was me but Mod2 was another member, someone most all the members knew very well and had chatted to in the chatroom on many occasions. This member agreed to help me moderate the site.

Sadly, however, it all went downhill from there. The members were demanding to know who JC, Mod1 and Mod2 were. I tried to keep it up for a while to see if things would settle down but no, some members were persistent and especially that of GhostoXmasPast, otherwise referred to as goxp. Now, I was in the chatroom last night (8th Jan) which was one of the busiest nights the chatroom ever had. At first I was hidden and I'm sure those members who were in the chatroom will confirm what I saw, and that was goxp never once contributed to the conversation except to keep butting it with snide comments about the forum, JC and the Mods. Several members told him to give it a chance but he persisted in running the forum down. He then said that several more posts had been deleted and it was then that I appeared, as Mod1. I explained that no posts had been deleted since around tea time and he called me a liar. I KNOW no posts were deleted because I was Mod1 and I know Mod2 hadn't deleted anything because I asked him not to do any more moderating for a bit to let things cool down. Yet goxp persisted in saying posts were deleted.

Isn't it funny that goxp, someone who joined the forum as a bit of a mystery, refusing to let any members know who he was, continued his membership with something of anonymity yet was one of the members who was repeatedly demanding to know who JC and the Mods were, saying they shouldn't be anonymous?

Kind of hypocritical don't you think?

Anyway, after sleeping on all this, I decided that today I was going to delete JC and the Mods and put myself back as Site Admin and let you all know that it was a (admittedly) rather bad attempt to restore order. Many of you suspected it was a joke/trick anyway. The site would have continued once more with me at the helm. But no, to my horror, goxp, who claims to be Jason, says he has "photographic evidence" against me and the forum. Whilst I'm not sure what this "evidence" is that he claims to have, even photographic evidence can be altered. It seemed to me that it was too late, the damage was done.

So, well done goxp/Jason, you finally closed the site down with your lies and persistent moaning.
Drivel, please read Angus's thread!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts