David Bellamy

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ray

You want me to set out the RSPB's views and statistics!

And if I do so LB takes it as a personal affront!

Forgive me for being reticent Ray but after the debacle last night I can only suggest you try "googling" the subject as I fear anything I now post on here will cause offence to some poor overly sensitive soul!! JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously tho' - you ask a sensible question and I now ask if you if you have read the article I quoted? I am not trying to duck the issue but apart from being a supported of the RSPB and a bit of a "twitcher" myself I can not speak for the RSPB and do not have the specific info you seek but I am sure you can get it from them.

I do not believe the RSPB are "NIMBYS" on the issue of Windfarms because every publication they produce on the subject clearly states that the wholeheartedly support the introduction. They just want it (them) in the right place(s)!

For Ref - http://www.rspb.org.uk/policy/windfarms/index.asp

From there you can trawl around their site and get most of the info you seek. In particular their leaflet:-

http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/Windfarmsandbirds_tcm5-51248.pdf
is especially useful.

At the risk of being "shot at" - (again!) I especially support the RSPB stance on AVGAS - Aircraft fuel.

The average jet passenger aircraft uses more fuel in one flight than I could possibly use in a lifetime of use of my vehicle regardless of it being a 4x4 or not! And do not forget I am an advocate of LPG - one of the cleanest fuels currently available.

A passenger jet spews out pollution that is injected straight into the atmosphere.

And yet you and I pay 80% fuel tax on what we put into our vehicles. Avgas is exempt from any taxation.

Ever thought why Ferry journeys cannot compete that well with air travel? Because Ferry operators have to pay fuel tax.

But what the hell - I fly to Oz for six weeks in '07. But that will be OK with the "Anti's" because my Discovery and the wifes Freelander will not be used during that time.

Mind you - could be worth letting my two sons use them!

Joke? - possibly
Clive, thanks for taking the time to reply. I am always suspicious of statistics and quoted numbers {especially after dealing with the Dorset Speed Camera Partnership).

I see that RSPB agrees with wind generators as long as they are in the right place(s). I suppose that they are the right places according to them - Is that what a NIMBY is?

I hope you have a great holiday in Oz, beautiful country, I had the good fortune to be seconded by my company to Sydney for all of 1995. Ray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts