Dealer satisfaction

Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,just wondering if there is a dealer satisfaction section or sticky anywhere so people can post their experience with dealers (good and bad) allowing others to be pre warned or recommended when looking for purchases.

Reactions: toad a caravan
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There’s the annual PCv survey of dealers but whilst you can discuss good dealers forum rules don’t allow criticism of dealers by name or by inference. This is because in a dispute they dealer has no right of reply and may not even be aware of the negative posts.

Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
There’s the annual PCv survey of dealers but whilst you can discuss good dealers forum rules don’t allow criticism of dealers by name or by inference. This is because in a dispute they dealer has no right of reply and may not even be aware of the negative posts.
Thanks for reply,I can understand some people could get a bit too vindictive which wasn't my intention.
Is the annual pcv survey on the forum pages and can you put forward your own dealership or is it just a select few?
It just seems very convenient for dealers that you can praise them but not criticise them.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for reply,I can understand some people could get a bit too vindictive which wasn't my intention.
Is the annual pcv survey on the forum pages and can you put forward your own dealership or is it just a select few?
It just seems very convenient for dealers that you can praise them but not criticise them.
The survey just rates the top few dealers. It doesn’t rate poor ones. You can nominate your dealer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Whilst it might not be your intention to be vindictive, unfortunately others in the past have overstepped the mark, and it has required the moderators to step in and clear the offending posts or even sanction the poster.

Our moderators are not paid, and they don't have their noses glues to the forum 24/7 so rather than to court possible legal issues the forum etiquette forbids post that are critical of named dealers or other service providers.

That's the way this forum operates. We are only guests on the forum and its only reasonable to follow the hosts position on such things.

Reactions: toad a caravan
Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
Whilst it might not be your intention to be vindictive, unfortunately others in the past have overstepped the mark, and it has required the moderators to step in and clear the offending posts or even sanction the poster.

Our moderators are not paid, and they don't have their noses glues to the forum 24/7 so rather than to court possible legal issues the forum etiquette forbids post that are critical of named dealers or other service providers.

That's the way this forum operates. We are only guests on the forum and its only reasonable to follow the hosts position on such things.
Agreed,it looks like word of mouth is the only way of guiding people to a good purchasing experience.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Even then what may be seen or service received be classed as good by one person may be seen as awful/useless by someone else. Unless criteria are specified it is all very subjective.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Even then what may be seen or service received be classed as good by one person may be seen as awful/useless by someone else. Unless criteria are specified it is all very subjective.
Agreed - one of the general motoring forums runs a "Good Garage Guide" but some of the local ones to me are on my personal "avoid at all costs" list.

Reactions: Dustydog
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Agreed,it looks like word of mouth is the only way of guiding people to a good purchasing experience.
There's no problem with telling us when something has gone well, just that Future Publishing who own and allow us to use this forum have to be more sensitive when it comes to complaints against companies or individuals.

For example a few years ago there was one insurance company that had a number of negative comments made about them. and the company threatened legal action if the comments were not removed or if any negative comment were posted relating to them in the future.

Following the forums etiquette is a small price to pay becasue it's still possible to answer or advise in lots of ways.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Practical Caravan run a Facebook profile page, and I'd imagine that it could be used to recommend or criticise dealers because it's unmoderated.
Moderated internet forums are subject to the laws on libel and defamation.

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
May 7, 2012
Visit site
You are free to praise dealers who give good service but not criticise them as Parksy says because of the libel laws. If you wonder what the reason they worry is I have dealt with the insurance claims and they are stupidly expensive. The last one I dealt with settled for £25,000, but with costs ended up at around £200,000.
When making any criticism do be sure you can prove your points as you will be personally liable for any libellous statements and hat applies to Facebook and the rest.
For some reason the forum allows criticism of the caravan makers, but not clear how his is allowed.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
.....For some reason the forum allows criticism of the caravan makers, but not clear how his is allowed.
I'd suggest that if an individual buys a faulty caravan, the contract of sale is between the caravan dealership and the buyer.
In the case of faults involving caravans, in law the supplying dealership has to deal with the problem, not the caravan manufacturer.
Strictly speaking, the 'blame' cannot be attached to the manufacturer, so no libel or defamation exists.
If the merits or otherwise of different caravan manufacturers couldn't be discussed, there'd be no point in the existence of caravan forums.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts