deflectors

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
You don't need deflectors so long as you don't dazzle oncoming traffic. If you can adjust you headlamps to prevent dazzle (for example if your car has a switch on the dashboard to lower the beam), then that is good enough. I think you will have problems finding beam deflectors for left-hand drive cars for use in the UK. I've never seen any on the market. Besides, most deflectors don't really work anyway. They prevent dazzle either by reducing the power of the beam or by spreading the beam. Either way isn't ideal. The only proper answer is to replace headlamps but that's a costly business.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Juan, I have never seen a foreign vehicle fitted with deflectors whilst they are in the UK. I remember reading somewhere that British lamps divert the beam to the left when dipped, but continental ones just dip downwards so they do not require deflectors.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I did a bit of research following my response of the 8th and found out that deflectors do exist for left hand drive vehicles so long as it's not one of those modern ones with AFL (adaptive forward lighting). However, because of the high-tech optics of modern cars, they have to be designed specifically to suit each model variant. They are consequently only available to order through the respective franchised dealers, not on the general accessory market. By the way, Continental headlamps do not dip straight down but are biased to the kerb, the same as in the UK (though obviously to the other side)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
juan, i have previously replied but I suspect it has got lost in cyber space. I live in Poole and travel on the M20 to Dover regularly and I have never ever seen a continental vehicle, HGV or car, fitted with beam deflectors.

You can purchase 'super beam benders' that are suitable for RH & LH drive cars at www.towsure.com part no.B128 (

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
juan, i have previously replied but I suspect it has got lost in cyber space. I live in Poole and travel on the M20 to Dover regularly and I have never ever seen a continental vehicle, HGV or car, fitted with beam deflectors.

You can purchase 'super beam benders' that are suitable for RH & LH drive cars at www.towsure.com part no.B128 (

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts