Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
spongy floor can someone help I have a spongy floor, how do they repair it can it be done without taking the carpet up I have heard a caravan repaires can do this but do not know the dealer to contact also how much it will cost, It is about 5 ft long down centre of van thanks,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I experienced this with one van that I had. It can be cured, there is a chemical that can be injected into the floor through holes drilled in the floor (carpet has to come up for the repair). Best to consult a caravan workshop for advice and cost - each workshop seems to have their own price. You can do it yourself, but I personally would (and did) leave it to the professionals to be safe

We too had an area in the centre of the van that was "spongy" when our van went for service last year. The carpet does need to be lifted to do repair work, and any gaps on underside of van need to be taped up, else the chemical just runs straight out! Holes have to be drilled at regular intervals to allow chemical to be inserted. We ended up asking the workshop to do the job for us and were very glad we had, when we learned of the problems an experienced caravan repairer had, doing the job for us- he ended up having to use 7 kits to solve the problem!! so I would think twice before you tackle the job yourself.We now have an extremely solid floor!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin

Ask the workshop if they can do this from underneath, We purchased a van (second hand) from a dealer in Somerset, the floor felt spongy we then returned it to get it fixed under warranty, they done the repair all right but they did not take out any of the fixtures to lift the carpet out, they cut around the furniture and then stapled the carpet down.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts