Dent - To repair or not to repair.

Feb 7, 2008
Visit site
I recently got my 2009 Sterling Europa back from its first service and lo and behold I now have a small dent on the offside about 6 feet up close to the awning rail at the front. The dealer has promised to sort this out for us.

However, a friend of mine who had a similar repair done has said not to bother as his repair was more obvious than the original dent.

What does evetyone else think. Is it worth doing? Its just annoying that this actually happened at the dealers.

Cheers

John

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
well if they are going to pay as they sound liable then take plenty of pics as it is now and make sure they sign an agreement to say that it will be restored to the way it was before the dent so if anything happens you have yourself covered

there liable so i doubt they would make a worse job of it

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
John

Let the dealer do the repair.

IMO it's only diy repairs that can look messy.

Equally I have a few dings near the awning rail, self inflicted, I'm afraid.

Dealer said leave it alone. Not at all bothered and said it will detract from the value at px time.

Cheers

Dustydog

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
John,

Let them do the work in the expectation of satisfactory repair.

I damaged the door of my last van, at least some clever b*****r did who ran up unsolicited to help us pitch the awning and the awning pole fell onto my door.

Anyway, I removed it and ran it up to the dealer whose visiting paint man did a very good job on it (

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
A good repair should not be visable when done. Another option depending on where the dent is would be to fit an awning light that is the same type as the nearside. They are extremely usefull on the offside for pitching in the dark and when you run out of water. Some manufacturers fit them as standard.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts