Desperate TimesšŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My local Swift and Bailey main dealer has just started a massive advertising campaign offering to buy used caravans atā€greatā€ prices. Good luck to them. Mine is not for sale. The bubble over the next twelve months may burst. Take dogs. Mine both passed away this year. English Springer Spaniels now start at an eye watering Ā£2000 Each. Ridiculous!
Where the hell are we going with this crazy societyšŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬

Reactions: Roycork
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
My local Swift and Bailey main dealer has just started a massive advertising campaign offering to buy used caravans atā€greatā€ prices. Good luck to them. Mine is not for sale. The bubble over the next twelve months may burst. Take dogs. Mine both passed away this year. English Springer Spaniels now start at an eye watering Ā£2000 Each. Ridiculous!
Love dogs though havenā€™t had one for a long time. I agree they are very overpriced given that they are so easy to breed. A grand girlfriend/partner has just had a springer puppy bought for her by her rich parents Ā£2,500.

John

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Love dogs though havenā€™t had one for a long time. I agree they are very overpriced given that they are so easy to breed. A grand girlfriend/partner has just had a springer puppy bought for her by her rich parents Ā£2,500.

John
Madness John!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

Dusty
Sorry to hear that both of your dogs have now gone. Ours are going on 14 years and both came separately as ā€œ free to good homeā€. After now suffering their energetic madness for nearly 14 years I can understand why šŸ‘šŸ‘

I was looking at Swindon Caravans and they have an identical van to ours but one year older at a slightly higher price than we paid a dealer in December 2016. Madness.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Dusty Sorry to hear about your dogs have now gone.Ours two dogs one 11+ and the other 7+ are so energic ( On our last break a seasonal caravanner there dog 8 years died in the night they went home and came back at the weekend and have brought Poodle Shih tzu puppy Ā£1600 ,
So i understand prices of English Springer Spaniels Puppies are at Ā£2,000 and more even saw one going at Ā£3,000

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We live in the Beds, Bucks, area and the Police have just announced about several thefts of dogs from peoples gardens and also from woodland areas whilst they have been walked. So take care.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That happening in Lincolnshire Police have announced of dog thefts warning people to keep and eye on there dogs in gardens and when out walking .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thatā€™s ridiculous. My two springers from working pedigree cost nothing other than fuel to go to Coventry and rehoming one. The other came via my daughters gamekeeper friend. Both free to good home. Iā€™ve had a Wenvoe pedigree Irish setter free because it slobbered all over a ladies nice car. Even at uni I had a dog picked up roaming the streets of Cardiff. Only ever paid for two dogs. Border Collies at 80 each.
although I did buy my mum a jack russel for her 25 th Wedding anniversary, mainly because I was dog less at the time.

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
I have 2 cockers and both from a very good gun dog breeder/ trainer , and we paid 1k a piece for them, this breeder has not been greedy and has not over inflated his prices like many others.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Prices reflect supply and demand and the sellers greed to push the buyers gullibility. It's not just dogs, but cats and horses etc.... I see similar trends in housing marine, HiFi, cars in fact almost anywhere.

If you don't like the price don't buy.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Prices reflect supply and demand and the sellers greed to push the buyers gullibility. It's not just dogs, but cats and horses etc.... I see similar trends in housing marine, HiFi, cars in fact almost anywhere.

If you don't like the price don't buy.
Many Tears rescue who I do bits for have some nice dogs rescued from Romania for those who are experienced enough to work in settling down a dog that has been treated appallingly. One of my two took two years to become more sorted and that didnā€™t include her tendency to spontaneous rage at other dogs. But since sheā€™s had her titanium and stainless knee joint and generally older sheā€™s more relaxed with other dogs albeit standoffish.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid dog prices have gone through the roof and with the theft risk now high i cannot see the point. The RSPCA and Dogs Trust have plenty that need a home so why get fleeced or risk dog farmed sickly pups to line the pockets of greedy breeders, when you can one that will love you just as much and is probably more robust is there. The inbreeding of many dogs breeds is now at the point where they are simply a recipe for vets bills.

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When we got our Border Terrier female she was Ā£180
Puppies female now Ā£2,000 to Ā£3,000
Short leg Jack Russell he was Ā£250
Puppies prices now Ā£1,500
I also think prices are going through roof you can see why there is alot of dog thefts

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Our Short leg Jack Russell nearly got taken when he was nearly 2 years old they wanted him for a stud (but when they found out he was sprayed ) he was left but someone brought him to me because i think he got lost but now he is 7+ and his recall is excellent now .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My Rex, LabradĆ²dle, Lab mum, Standard Poodle dad, Farmers hope of lot of money , no way, mongeral, great dog 12 years old now, Harry Corgi X Chiuaua, maybe, should be a farm dog. Round up sheep cattle and Horses. 15 inches high, both mongrels great. See them at Waterrow. 1ST WEEKEND.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
For anyone who re homes a stray or abandoned dog Iā€™ve nothing but respect for you, for anyone who buys (at reasonable price) a cross breed/mongrel Iā€™ve nothing but respect for you, theres nothing wrong with having a mongrel, whatā€™s wrong is the dog breeders who need locking up for the awful conditions they rear the puppies in, if the dog is a pure bred most expensive puppy on the planet they wont be anymore loyal and loving than a scabby mongrel you find wandering the streets, if Iā€™d been writing this 9 years ago Iā€™m ashamed to say Iā€™d have thought anyone getting upset over dogs being farmed was daft, then 8 + years ago against my better judgement (I thought) I bought a pedigree shih tzu to placate her indoors, she has been the love of my life from the moment I went to see her at the breeders, home bred by a couple who had the mom and dad of the pups, cost was a reasonable 450, money now would be of no matter at all, if she needed treatment Iā€™d sell my soul to look after her, people who steal dogs, puppy farms etc etc are scum who need putting down.
Rant over for now.

BP

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My Rex, LabradĆ²dle, Lab mum, Standard Poodle dad, Farmers hope of lot of money , no way, mongeral, great dog 12 years old now, Harry Corgi X Chiuaua, maybe, should be a farm dog. Round up sheep cattle and Horses. 15 inches high, both mongrels great. See them at Waterrow. 1ST WEEKEND.
Hi Hutch Have to see them another time but i hope you have a nice weekend :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
For anyone who re homes a stray or abandoned dog Iā€™ve nothing but respect for you, for anyone who buys (at reasonable price) a cross breed/mongrel Iā€™ve nothing but respect for you, theres nothing wrong with having a mongrel, whatā€™s wrong is the dog breeders who need locking up for the awful conditions they rear the puppies in, if the dog is a pure bred most expensive puppy on the planet they wont be anymore loyal and loving than a scabby mongrel you find wandering the streets, if Iā€™d been writing this 9 years ago Iā€™m ashamed to say Iā€™d have thought anyone getting upset over dogs being farmed was daft, then 8 + years ago against my better judgement (I thought) I bought a pedigree shih tzu to placate her indoors, she has been the love of my life from the moment I went to see her at the breeders, home bred by a couple who had the mom and dad of the pups, cost was a reasonable 450, money now would be of no matter at all, if she needed treatment Iā€™d sell my soul to look after her, people who steal dogs, puppy farms etc etc are scum who need putting down.
Rant over for now.

BP
We were dog breeders breeding German Shepherds, Shetland Sheepdogs and Yorkshire Terriers. None of the dogs were caged and could roam freely around the property. The females were only mated once a year so no issues with breeding. Some of the pups were sold before they were born as we had an excellent reputation. We even exported one or two puppies.

Reactions: Beehpee
May 7, 2012
Visit site
There are good breeders and I appreciate your care. The problem is firstly sorting out you from the rest, the cost which may be justified, the theft risk and that there are perfectly good dogs needing a home, so do we need more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts