Desperate Times😥😥😥

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
There are good breeders and I appreciate your care. The problem is firstly sorting out you from the rest, the cost which may be justified, the theft risk and that there are perfectly good dogs needing a home, so do we need more.
Just to clarify we gave up breeding dogs nearly 20 years ago and have lost touch with the "industry". Also gave up showing dogs as that was a real back stabbing area!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There’s an article on dog prices in Scotland on the BBC News app. It just shows the grossly inflated prices people are willing to pay. Yet at the Many Tears Rescue, for which I was a Homing Vetter, an adopted dog only costs £250.
Looking positively to 2021 there will undoubtedly be lots of dogs seeking adoption along with a glut of vans returning to the market.

Scottish puppy prices

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
White Arches, near to us have 20 vans but mostly high priced and not that old, the old ones have gone.
This end Hutch I have to say the ones left weren’t for me🤪🤪 It is well documented 71 % of caravan sales , last six months, were to first timers!

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This end Hutch I have to say the ones left weren’t for me🤪🤪 It is well documented 71 % of caravan sales , last six months, were to first timers!
I put ours up about 4 weeks ago and have had 20+ enquiries. A dealer offered £1000 more than about 12 months ago and one dealer is asking more than we paid end 2016. Madness and a bubble always bursts. The economic future looks grim and I think some wil be forced to sell assets just to get by. If they can.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Our local dealer is destitute=never seen so few vans on their grounds-new little Basecamp got delivered yesterday so Swift must be making some-but 2nd handers are like hens teeth and they have a huge ad-any van anywhere any condition wanted best prices etc etc!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We also went to our local dealer never seen so many empty spots on their grounds all the old one sold and the nearly new asking some high prices

May 7, 2012
Visit site
One local dealer has no used caravans for sale here so they will obviously be keen to get more although we are now near the end of the main season. I think the offers will drop off a bit now but time will tell.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Bubbles do burst.
I suspect a lot of used caravans will flood the market after Easter. And the dog rescue homes will be heaving with abandoned pets🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Sad
Reactions: Buckman
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Bubbles do burst.
I suspect a lot of used caravans will flood the market after Easter. And the dog rescue homes will be heaving with abandoned pets🤬🤬🤬🤬
Agree and cruise holidays will be cheap. We’ve just arrive back from a good four days in Dorset and we were amazed to see 6 large cruise liners moored off Poole. Along with the long haul aircraft parked at Kemble it brings home the scale of the problems now and ahead

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Kemble is a graveyard.
The aircraft recycling business at the end of the runway has been going for a long time. But there’s a lot more aircraft parked up at Kemble away from the recycling business. They are there until the owners decide what to do with them, but the BA 747s parked up will not be leaving again. As for the rest the chances are that they too will be up for recycling too, as when air traffic picks up again the carriers will only want to start using the most economical aircraft.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There were seven large cruise liners anchored off Weymouth when we were there in August
There’s a load too off of Portsmouth and local tourist boats a doing trips out to see the cruise liners. Funny how times change as they used to do trips to see the warships.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you drive West down the M8 from Glasgow you will see three cruise liners doing nothing and a mass of BA planes doing the same at Glasgow airport. The ships being moored close in to he riverside are easy enough to see and have become a new tourist attraction.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If you drive West down the M8 from Glasgow you will see three cruise liners doing nothing and a mass of BA planes doing the same at Glasgow airport. The ships being moored close in to he riverside are easy enough to see and have become a new tourist attraction.
Apparently in Japan to keep the airlines going in the meantime they are doing local excursion flights. Other countries are allowing internal flights only between cities.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Apparently in Japan to keep the airlines going in the meantime they are doing local excursion flights. Other countries are allowing internal flights only between cities.
Quantas sold out in minutes a 4 hour flight Sydney to Uluru and back with a low pass at 5000 ft over Uluru.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts