Dethleffs Owners Club

Jul 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

I am looking to start a Dethleffs owners club and would like to hear from any owners who are interested. The main aim initially would be to swap ideas on potential rallies ( maybe a couple a year to start with) and maybe organise a few informal meets. Ther wouldn't be any joining fee or subscription to pay just to get all the like-minded people of the Dethleff clan together if only via the internet to chat.

Feel free to mail me at any time.

Regards

Tom and Jenny Wilson

Dethleffs DL550L

Dec 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tom & Jen,

great to hear about the Dethleffs Owners Club. I may even think about changing my Avondale for one, seeing as how I was so impressed with yours last summer!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We are just in the process of trading our Lunar Clubman in for a Dethleffs Camper 470 and looking forward to trying it out. Would be interested to hear what others like about them.

Jul 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mary.ross

just a biased opinion but they are good vans, the payload could be better but it is not a bad idea to be frugal with loading.

We have the DL550L and it couldn't be better, superb quality,fixed rear bed great kitchen a lounge area and it tows like a dream

Any questions just ask

Tom

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi Mary.ross

just a biased opinion but they are good vans, the payload could be better but it is not a bad idea to be frugal with loading.

We have the DL550L and it couldn't be better, superb quality,fixed rear bed great kitchen a lounge area and it tows like a dream

Any questions just ask

Tom
When reading the brochure for Dethleffs, we found that their minimum weight already included a full water tank(?) 2 11kg gas bottles and and extension cable, totalling 92kg, so the payload is a bit better than it looks at first. We have emptied out our Lunar today, (Payload 350kg!) and are seriously pruning the contents. I can't believe how much 'stuff' we had amassed in 12 months!

Jul 14, 2005
Visit site
When reading the brochure for Dethleffs, we found that their minimum weight already included a full water tank(?) 2 11kg gas bottles and and extension cable, totalling 92kg, so the payload is a bit better than it looks at first. We have emptied out our Lunar today, (Payload 350kg!) and are seriously pruning the contents. I can't believe how much 'stuff' we had amassed in 12 months!
Dethleffs quote the MIRO (Mass in running order) in their literature and it is also based on the assumption of you are carrying a container of water. however the overall picture is not too bad but as I say you have to load carefully and also you are quite right you do collect some weight over the months/years,(the caravan ...not you!)

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Dethleffs quote the MIRO (Mass in running order) in their literature and it is also based on the assumption of you are carrying a container of water. however the overall picture is not too bad but as I say you have to load carefully and also you are quite right you do collect some weight over the months/years,(the caravan ...not you!)
I think you were right the first time (about the weight) Tom! All those barbecues, long leisurely lunches, breakfast cooked on the Cadac . . . you certainly can collect some weight!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi Mary.ross

Any questions just ask

Tom
In the showroom today, we were checking out our 'new' van, and outside under the floor between the battery box and the water heater, there's a white plastic handgrip. Even the salesman didn't know what it is for, and the man who would (from the workshop?) wasn't in today. Any ideas?

Jul 14, 2005
Visit site
In the showroom today, we were checking out our 'new' van, and outside under the floor between the battery box and the water heater, there's a white plastic handgrip. Even the salesman didn't know what it is for, and the man who would (from the workshop?) wasn't in today. Any ideas?
Sorry mary can't help you on that but I know a man who will,so leave it with me and I'll get back to you.

P,s Which part of the country are you from also you can mail me/us at the following address for a quicker response.

dethleffsowners@btinternet.com

Regards

Tom

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Sorry mary can't help you on that but I know a man who will,so leave it with me and I'll get back to you.

P,s Which part of the country are you from also you can mail me/us at the following address for a quicker response.

dethleffsowners@btinternet.com

Regards

Tom
Hi Tom, sorry to take so long to get back to you, still working out how this Forum works! We live in Hartlepool on the north east coast, and are still waiting to have a repair done to our Lunar, (window cracked by would -be intruder) before we can do the actual exchange on the Dethleffs, although we have paid a deposit to secure the great deal we were given. Can't wait to try it out. We would be interested in possibly meeting up with other owners, although shift patterns and things make it a bit difficult for us. Anyway, I'm sure all Dethleff's owners will be lovely people, who obviously have excellent taste!

Mar 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi, Mary Ross. Those white handles under your van are for storing you wheel chocks in. I have them on my DL540, just make sure you secure them or they'll end up on the carriage way.

Regards

Ian

Mar 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Mary.ross

Any questions just ask

Tom
Hi to all you Dethleffs owners out there. We've had our DL540 for 3 months now and couldn't be more chuffed with it. Just have one question though. We have a DWT awning no problem putting it up but have found fitting the bottom draught skirt a challenge that has beaten us so far. I see it must slide in the rail front front to back of van but getting over the wheel arch and into the back slide rail seem near impossible. Any suggestions?

Ian

Apr 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi i have the dethleff DL520 we have been dethleff owners for 5 years now .and would love to join a club and speak to other owners . my email is dippy552@hotmail.com

regards dippy.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, had a look at some dethleffs over the w/e and am noe thinking about ordering one at in August ready for next year. Anything I should know or bad points.

They all looked superb build quality, I will proberbly go for either the dl550l or the dl470. There is only 2 of us we got a fixed bed now but not fussed if we keep with a fixed bed not sure yet

Any comments greatfuly recieved

Jul 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kevin

We own the Dl550L and to date(its 9 months old) no problems at all. Although there are some people who have had a few niggles as with all new caravans but we have had no complaints at all. The rear fixed bed is superb as is the front lounge, but what suits us doesn't suit all.

The only gripe if I had one is the light user payload but then again that is not a bad thing, it does effectivly control the load it up attitude.

regards

Tom

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi Kevin

We own the Dl550L and to date(its 9 months old) no problems at all. Although there are some people who have had a few niggles as with all new caravans but we have had no complaints at all. The rear fixed bed is superb as is the front lounge, but what suits us doesn't suit all.

The only gripe if I had one is the light user payload but then again that is not a bad thing, it does effectivly control the load it up attitude.

regards

Tom
Hi Tom thanks for your comments. well have to see what the other 1/2 says!!!!!

Kevin H

TRENDING THREADS