Diesel Hyundai Tuscon. Any comments?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello - We are thinking of changing our Freelander which is 6 years old now for a new diesel Hyundai Tuscon. Has anyone towed with one? Any comments on their performance. Thank you.

Sue.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HI,

Have a look at the May issue of Practical Caravan, there is a review of the Tuscon which might be helpful. I tow with a hyundai Santa Fe diesel & it pulls 1288Kg as if it isn't there e.g. 60mph uphill. It's very roomy inside, plenty of space for all that kit & the seats are comfortable for long trips. Might be worth considering if you want to go 'up a size'.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HI,

Have a look at the May issue of Practical Caravan, there is a review of the Tuscon which might be helpful. I tow with a hyundai Santa Fe diesel & it pulls 1288Kg as if it isn't there e.g. 60mph uphill. It's very roomy inside, plenty of space for all that kit & the seats are comfortable for long trips. Might be worth considering if you want to go 'up a size'.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HI,

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi,

I currently drive and tow with a Tucson 2.7 petrol. I tested both this engine, the 2 litre petrol engine and the diesel engined Tucson. The 2 litre petrol engine is a non starter as it is weak on power for towing. The diesel is a strong puller and feels to be absolutely average in the power stakes considering it engine size. I would have been very happy to buy the diesel if i had not tried the 2.7 v6 petrol. The poer of this engine is awesome. My heavy caravan is pulled effortlessly and the fuel consumption doesn't dip as much as i expected. I don't understand the comments in the Practical caravan test, their car must have had a fault. My car reaches 60 m.p.h. in 8.1 seconds. That is not "underpowered". I tried all similar 4x4 cars but only the Mercedes M class made may consider anything else after driving the Tucsons. Try it. I bet you buy it(push for a discount of at least

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts