DIesels Arghhhhh

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I did feel that this topic had really run its course, but Giovani has raised another point about carbon Foot prints and taxation.

Gio, the government is setting us up and will before long be fining people for having inefficient houses.

As most of you will be aware, it is now compulsory to have a Home Information Pack in place before you put your house with 3 or more bedrooms up for sale. Part of that pack is the energy efficiency survey, which theoretically looks at the house and assesses its efficiency at containing heat that is put into it.

The Government have been very keen to implement these HIP's because they hope they can use the information to demonstrate that the UK is meeting the reduction in CO2 targets.

It is only a small step for the Government to say that houses put up for sale must reach a minimum efficiency rating, and that those that don't either cannot be sold or a percentage of the sale price will claimed as a fine.

Again it is only a small step further to insist that all houses have to be efficiency assessed and an annual charge be levied which will be bigger on low efficiency houses.

Yes we all need houses, so isn't that a convenient as a tax generator.

Aug 30, 2007
Visit site
I did feel that this topic had really run its course, but Giovani has raised another point about carbon Foot prints and taxation.

Gio, the government is setting us up and will before long be fining people for having inefficient houses.

As most of you will be aware, it is now compulsory to have a Home Information Pack in place before you put your house with 3 or more bedrooms up for sale. Part of that pack is the energy efficiency survey, which theoretically looks at the house and assesses its efficiency at containing heat that is put into it.

The Government have been very keen to implement these HIP's because they hope they can use the information to demonstrate that the UK is meeting the reduction in CO2 targets.

It is only a small step for the Government to say that houses put up for sale must reach a minimum efficiency rating, and that those that don't either cannot be sold or a percentage of the sale price will claimed as a fine.

Again it is only a small step further to insist that all houses have to be efficiency assessed and an annual charge be levied which will be bigger on low efficiency houses.

Yes we all need houses, so isn't that a convenient as a tax generator.
Now that is food for thought John

I had not looked at HIP's in that way.

But on reflection I am sure you are correct.

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I know that this businessmen knows the negative of the carbon emission but what can we do? People are used to their products, from their kitchen to their cars. Another truth that I know is that this causes fires. Gasoline can fir itself. Some may find it ridiculous but I say that this is not. Only the truth could possibly be so bizarre. There is a comparable sentiment when it comes to the hokey old story that cellular phones cause fuel pump fires. Do gas stations have good reason to post warning signs on the pump, or is the static electricity danger cell phones allegedly pose to refueling motorists merely an urban legend?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts