Dirt/Scratches in between window panes

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
The aspect I find amazing is this self-evident issue is not addressed with adequate margins by the product "designers".

Then I might be naive to even think any true designer, other than a stylist, was involved at all?

I think I would agree with that.

When I had numerous problems with a Swift motorhome and evenutally got invited to the factory for discussions I asked if anyone in the company actually got to try out the products before they went on the market. The answer was yes. But then they're giving the product to people who are probably aware of the short comings anyway. Of course by this time its too costly for them to make any changes.

Reactions: Jcloughie
May 24, 2014
Visit site
when we had our panoramic roof smashed by the village idiot, it became an unsurance clain, and of course the insurance assesor. On his visit, he asked if if the roof had cracked whilst towing, I explained what had happened but also asked him why he asked that question, and apparently there have been quite a few panoramic roofs cracking due to the same pressures during towing. When the insurance work was scheduled, we were informed that the caravan would be slightly heavier with the replacement window fitted as they were now made stronger. Cant really see how much weight that would have added in all honesty but that info was included on the work schedule.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts