disapointed by the selfish

May 27, 2006
Visit site
Fairly short notice just before last weekend had me searching through C.Club sites for a last minute booking.

Our first two choices showed 'full up' for the Tuesday till Friday so we ended up at our third choice ( a nice site anyway)

Someone in reception said they had suffered similar full sites as us and wondered why as the main busy season was over.

The wardens reply showed the shelfish side of some members......

"They book a whole load of sites early in the year and just hope they can get away at that time hense fully booked sites early on. Many will never get to fill those dates (or even bother cancelling them). Its just a case of .'sod the rest I`m ok Jimmie'.

Why cant people stop and think of others before before acting so selfishly?

May 27, 2006
Visit site
We were told later when we commented on it never to realy only on 'net' booking but always phone the site direct before looking elswhere at short notice......lesson learned by us now

Or do we join the 'book months ahead and blow the rest of you?'

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John,

Usually you will find that as soon as the schools go back in Sept.that all us Silver haired "teenagers" are desperate to get back on site again after keeping out of the way during the high season.After the initial rush things begin to settle down again.We are heading off south in a few days,but booked ages ago to make sure that we were not caught out.

I do agree that not letting the site know that you are not coming is the height of bad manners.....the same goes for doctors appointments etc.No-one seems to care.

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi John

I am in the C&CC you mentioned the C club these people are booking over the net but are they not having to leave a deposit.what the caravan club should do is find these people out and give them a warning or get them out of the club we all have membership numbers and address's or better still if there dont cancel charge them and that will stop it.

May 27, 2006
Visit site
John,

Usually you will find that as soon as the schools go back in Sept.that all us Silver haired "teenagers" are desperate to get back on site again after keeping out of the way during the high season.After the initial rush things begin to settle down again.We are heading off south in a few days,but booked ages ago to make sure that we were not caught out.

I do agree that not letting the site know that you are not coming is the height of bad manners.....the same goes for doctors appointments etc.No-one seems to care.
You booked early Lady M but you ARE going to honour that booking....no problem with that and we silveries stayed at home during most of August for the self same reasons as you

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ian,

The Caravan Club used to take a booking fee but when the web site went live they stopped doing that for reasons known only to those and such as those.Personally, we felt that they ought to be doubling the fee,not removing it.

May 27, 2006
Visit site
Hi John

I am in the C&CC you mentioned the C club these people are booking over the net but are they not having to leave a deposit.what the caravan club should do is find these people out and give them a warning or get them out of the club we all have membership numbers and address's or better still if there dont cancel charge them and that will stop it.
Hiyas Ian.. yeah the deposit and threat of a ban is the way to go Very sad that we should come to that tho, even tho I would be happy enough to commit via a deposit system.

As you say it seems to work for the CC&C club (we`re members of that also)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
There will always be selfish people and its a pity that the Caravan Clubs system of not charging a deposit is being abused, but then again what can we expect. In this age of computer technology it wouldn't be to difficult to identify those people and punish them accordingly, there is surely a pattern to their bookings/cancellations. Maybe a fine to be paid before anymore bookings can be taken would bring them back to reality and show them the error of their ways or maybe name and shame them in the Club magazine.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Agree with what is being said.

A few weeks ago our companions were enjoying the heatwave on a pleasant site so they decided to stay put rather than go to a booked CC site.

They rang the site the day before they were due to arrive and cancelled due to "a bad back"

Something to do with lack of backbone we felt!!

This happens a lot in sport too.

In my cycling days it was common for people to enter an event which would be fully subscribed and the not show up.

They were shown as D N S (did not start) on finishing sheets and shamed further with (no apology)

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
The answer is really quite simple; all bookings should require either payment in full upfront or a decent deposit. People will always take advantage of 'open' systems which require nothing more than a few clicks of the mouse in order to provide maximum flexibility.

The consequence, as you have already found out, is that the online booking system is now reverting to the telephone call, which is absurd. What should happen is that Club members who make a booking should eb required to reconfirm their booking say (10 days) in advance. If they don't do so, then the booking is forfeit.

John

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
It was proved in the past when the C.C. had a 10 pound deposit system that it did not stop "no shows". At least now with the new booking system you can only book one site for a set date. The C.C. know who the "no shows" are and as I have said previously one "no show" should warrant a warning and a second cancellation of bookings for 12 months.

This may sound severe but good manners do not cost anything!

More and more people are taking up caravanning without a big increase in new club sites or pitches so the booking problem can only get worse if nothing is done. As has happened before the club are spineless in situations like this.

With regard to booking well in advance we find that as retired caravanners if we do not book well in advance we cannot get in over the weekend on some sites. If we cannot comply with the booking we cancel immediatly.

Caravanners who respect other caravanners would have nothing to worry about.

HAMER

May 12, 2006
Visit site
It would be nice if the CC could open up an on line forum for members only. This would then get any complaints direct to the management. Mind you I don't think they would want that !!!!!

Val & Frank

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
It would be nice if the CC could open up an on line forum for members only. This would then get any complaints direct to the management. Mind you I don't think they would want that !!!!!

Val & Frank
Could not agree more. There is only one reason why they will not set up a forum for members and that is that they for once would have to listen to the views of the members, not just a selected few.

HAMER

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts