Disco mpg anyone??

Jul 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

I am about to change my towcar from an freelander Td4 auto which gives me around 27 mpg towing a 1400kg Dethleffs and 33 mpg solo to a Td5 manual Disco (2003).

Can anyone tell me a ball park figure on mpg and how do you like the disco??

Cheers all.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I have a my03 Disco Manual TD5 and I get about 31 solo and between 26 and 29 ish for towing a 1770kg van.

Very pleased with it and love the towing power available. Fitted the cruise control (a massive

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Tom,

We have a Td5 and we get about 25-27mpg towing a 1600kg van. Ours is the ES model so is auto, self levelling suspension, cruise control etc. etc. so it virtually drives itself.

Hubby loves it to bits, but he's just biased - he won't have any other vehicle except a Land Rover.

Next year it will be the Series 3 and we can't wait!!!

Jul 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Both

Thanks for your replies, and on that basis I have decided to go for it. I didn't want a gas guzzling 4x4, and being used to the freelander with a good mpg its hard to give that up.

As for the cruise control, I would love any further info on that and also "bags in the springs"? I assume these are inflatable and adjustable. Any advice is welcome.

Good to hear that hubby likes the Disco Wendy so towing my Dethleffs won't be a problem, as with the Freelander I had to work it hard at times to get uphill.

Thanks again

Tom

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Both

Thanks for your replies, and on that basis I have decided to go for it. I didn't want a gas guzzling 4x4, and being used to the freelander with a good mpg its hard to give that up.

As for the cruise control, I would love any further info on that and also "bags in the springs"? I assume these are inflatable and adjustable. Any advice is welcome.

Good to hear that hubby likes the Disco Wendy so towing my Dethleffs won't be a problem, as with the Freelander I had to work it hard at times to get uphill.

Thanks again

Tom
Now wasn't that great - someone asks for advice and gets informative replies from people who actually quote helpful stuff from their own experience. Bit of a novelty that after the spate of nausea recently. keep it up the sensible majority!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We love our Discoverys. We are on out 6th and hope to get a new one next year. My mpg is lower than the ones listed. We get between 20 and 24 towing, and about 28 solo. Most of my solos work is very short distances so a lower figure is to be expected. At the end of August we did a solo trip to Bristol and back, about 400 miles and got 34mpg. I was very plesed. We have always had a large 'van and at the moment tow a Bucaneer twin axle, loaded weight about 1900KG. This gave 21mpg going to Italy and doing an average of 55mph. I try to be accurate with my calculations and do tank to tank at the same pump and record the amount used between filling up. Hope you enjoy your Disco. Happy travels. BarryB

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You will get 25 mpg from a TD5 Manuaul when towing you will have to drive like a Vicar to get 30 mpg manual but it is posible As for the Cruise control vist www.disc2.com How to section the parts will cost you

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts