disco td5

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
hello folks,

i am considering a discovery td5 automatic year 2000,I was wondering if anybody has any experience of these, i will be towing a bailey senator twin axle (2003) miro 1359.

whats the fuel economy like and any major probs with these.

thanks all

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi there I towed with TD5 up until last summer.I have an eldiss oddysey which is a single axle and to be honest you never knew you had a caravan on tow.

Fuel wise not bad to say it's automatic and not much difference with the van on.This time last year without a van on I was getting around 60-70 miles to every

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Had a 2002 7 seat XS TD5 disco until few months ago. Bought when 1 year old and 20k on the clock. Towed twin axle carolina fine, its a very heavy car so you dont really know vans there.

Things started to go wrong in spring 2007, nearing 60K miles, had to be recovered from France in summer 2007. Since been in garage 10 times over last 12 months, ceach time different fault, toatl cost well over

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
Had a 2002 7 seat XS TD5 disco until few months ago. Bought when 1 year old and 20k on the clock. Towed twin axle carolina fine, its a very heavy car so you dont really know vans there.

Things started to go wrong in spring 2007, nearing 60K miles, had to be recovered from France in summer 2007. Since been in garage 10 times over last 12 months, ceach time different fault, toatl cost well over

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Go for a V8 auto, and convert to LPG. Don't worry about the horror stories. There's lots of horror stories cos there's lots of Land Rovers. Proportionally, they're no worse than anything else, given the complexity of the vehicles.My neighbour and I have a total of over 25 years Disco and Range rover ownership between us, and have had no major problems.

Mind you, a friend of ours has owned nothing but Land Rovers for over fifty years, but now drives a Hyundai Terracan, after his two year old Disco 3 caught fire and burned to a pile of ash in 20 minutes!!

(now I'll sit back and wait for the horror stories!)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Had a 2000 TD5 manual kept it for 3 years and then got rid of it as I was not prepared to pay for such an unreliable car when it came out of warranty. Boughta Sorento auto, not as much space as the Disco but totally trouble free over 4 years and cheaper to service than the Disco.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts