Dishwashers

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Just buy it!

It's more hygenic, you save on washing T towells, if you are sensible you can wash cooker shelves and pots and pans with no problems and keep them all cleaner than by hand!

You will not believe how clean the tea pots inside can be until you have a dishwasher.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As a kitchen designer for nearly 30 years I feel I can comment with some experience on this one. Recent exaustive consumer tests carried out by the BSH group which incorporates BOSCH, SIEMENS, GAGGENAU and NEFF appliances, prove conclusively that dishwashers are not only much more hygenic, but actually use less electricity & water than was used in conventional hand washing-up. Bearing in mind that you normally wipe each item with the same drying cloth which gets progressively wetter the more you do! As already mentioned in an earlier posting, you cannot possibly use your washing up water at anywhere near the same temperature that is achieved in a dishwasher or the drying heat. Refering to the stains sometimes left on items usually glasses, this is most often due to the user not cleaning the filter regularly enough, ideally this should be done after every use, takes 2mins. My recommendation would be to go for a model that is 'triple A rated' (Energy,Water,Drying) this will ensure top quality finishing at lowest cost perfomance for each wash. And above all, as the point has already been made, You don't have to stand with your hands immersed in water whilst your guests enjoy the remains of your wine! Or worse still after everyone has gone home, you still have to face the washing-up or go to bed and get up to it in the morning- not much fun. To sum up, those that have never had a dishwasher, will always find reasons why they are no good, whilst those that have one, in most cases, would never go back to the old method.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gooner, I would be interested to hear your opinion on the problem of damage to the crocks. I understand that over time the pattern on your best bone china will go down the drain with the waste water!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gooner, I would be interested to hear your opinion on the problem of damage to the crocks. I understand that over time the pattern on your best bone china will go down the drain with the waste water!
Hi Clive Yes unfortunately this can be a problem, I certainly would not advocate putting bone china or anything of too delicate a nature (cut glass for example) through a dishwasher, and your instructions with any appliance will tell you this. Assuming of course that you read the instructions, not like most of us, who wait until there's a problem and then wonder why?!

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
As a kitchen designer for nearly 30 years I feel I can comment with some experience on this one. Recent exaustive consumer tests carried out by the BSH group which incorporates BOSCH, SIEMENS, GAGGENAU and NEFF appliances, prove conclusively that dishwashers are not only much more hygenic, but actually use less electricity & water than was used in conventional hand washing-up. Bearing in mind that you normally wipe each item with the same drying cloth which gets progressively wetter the more you do! As already mentioned in an earlier posting, you cannot possibly use your washing up water at anywhere near the same temperature that is achieved in a dishwasher or the drying heat. Refering to the stains sometimes left on items usually glasses, this is most often due to the user not cleaning the filter regularly enough, ideally this should be done after every use, takes 2mins. My recommendation would be to go for a model that is 'triple A rated' (Energy,Water,Drying) this will ensure top quality finishing at lowest cost perfomance for each wash. And above all, as the point has already been made, You don't have to stand with your hands immersed in water whilst your guests enjoy the remains of your wine! Or worse still after everyone has gone home, you still have to face the washing-up or go to bed and get up to it in the morning- not much fun. To sum up, those that have never had a dishwasher, will always find reasons why they are no good, whilst those that have one, in most cases, would never go back to the old method.
Thanks Gooner. I have been looking at triple 'A' rated machines and they do appeal. My friends say pretty much what you and all the others say that once you have had one, you wouldn't be without.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi everybody

Thank you all for your ideas and experiences which are much appreciated. Will probably get dishwasher later in the year when we do the kitchen.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS