DIY Delamination?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We want to do some delam in our van ourselves (professional cost at minimum £300 is too costly).

We know from seeing previous posts on the subject that it can be done with DIY kit.

Has anyone done it themselves successfully or had problems ?

Mollymoo

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Carol l am sure Doug fix it King has done the job in a back issue of PC magazine, maybe Nigel Donnelly can confirm.

l am sure their is kit you can buy, from memory you drill holes and inject the glue.

NigelH

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Carol

I repaired an area of delam to our 1994 sterling europa. The floor was creaking and spongy in front of the cooker, an area approx 2'x1'. Beacause of the floorcovering, linoleum, extending under the furniture, dealer told me would cost

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Guys. I will look at Doug's sections in back issues but from Deejay's experience I think it is worth a go.

We are both semi sensible adults with a bit of know how and I really do not want to hand over

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Carol

This is a job any competent diyer can do but can be a ittle messy just take your time.

I had quiet extensive delam in an old vanroyce.

I firstly had to cut the carpet around all the furniture as it was fitted prior to all the units.

The delam kit was purchased from ebay

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Posted by Michael from UKcampsite

De-lamination.

Frightening? Not if you set out your stall and take your time.

This is not a two hour job as stated. When you have finished, you will know why they charge so much at the caravan repair shop.

I have just done my caravan a few months ago. The floor had gone in two places, next to the door entrance and next to the sink four feet away.

You will find that de-lamination is where the floor is used most .i.e. next to the sink and the door entrance.

First decide how much de-lamination you have, ie.2 feet (old school) or 6 feet, and check underside for gas pipes before starting..

This size of the de-lamination is required when you order your epoxy resin mix.

One mix will cover about 3 feet by 3 feet. I bought mine from Barrons -

Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
Same as deejay - fixed a large area from underneith on my old swift. Did it that way so as not to disturb the carpet which was in good condition. Dead easy if a bit messy & it was still solid 2 years later. Got my kit off ebay.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts