Does anyone fix powr electronics?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a 9 year old powr mover which is playing up - soft start on one side is causing the van to veer to one side. It's still useable with care and powr have quoted for a replacement unit (£300+) but haven't offered a repair. I know we are now a throwaway society, but surely there's someone out there who can repair?

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Some of their fitters may have the necessary skills or try ringing round some local caravan workshops and see if anyone has any ideas on repair. When my mover packed up (only 2 years old) recently it was just replaced on the spot by the fitter that came out and new handset issued. There was no discussion about repair and as I'll be having it changed over to the new van when it arrives I was happy not to discuss repair. However, replacement seemed to be the norm so maybe repairs aren't possible. Someone with more technical knowhow may have a better answer for you though.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Powrtouch, or their fitters, do not repair as a matter of course, it is always replacement of the unit.
The 9 year old unit is now superceded by a better unit and handset.

However, as a long shot you could give Dave Brannon a ring at Leisure Electronics Repairs, or Paul at Apuljack Engineering and ask if they can do anything.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts