Does my ideal caravan exist?

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
We presently own a two year old Bailey Senator Virginia which we don't dislike BUT we spend a lot of time using way out CL/CS type sites up tiny lanes, are concious of fuel consumption, reckon that a smaller 'van in mid-winter would be much easier to heat having the same system as our present 'van. Ideally we would like a tiny end kitchen with L-shaped lounge and washroom that is lined and not 'damp come and get me' wall board that isn't too basic. The closest we have found is the Swift 220 and dealer versions thereof but they don't have the L-shape and having owned a new Abbey where bits dropped off left, right and centre, we are a bit wary of the Swift mark. Does anyone have any sensible ideas, please?

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Dean

We have thought about that one and are waiting to see it at the NEC. It would depend on whether the washroom is plastic lined or just wallboard as we tend to use sites without facilities. I was going to email Elldis to ask the question but they probably wouldn't answer it before the NEC even if they did have an email address on their website. Thanks for the suggestion.

Denise

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Sprocket

Have just popped back in to tell Dean I've googled it, registered and put a comment on the relevant thread on the CC but thanks for supplying the link anyway.

And thanks to Dean. I've looked at the sneak a peak video and I'm not convinced that it isn't lined. I've put a comment on the thread with regards to this and now wait to see any responses I might get.

Regards to both

MrsMothy

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
I downsized to a 13' internal from a 15', although we kept it 7 years, i always regretted it, now back to a 16' for the last 6 years.

Think carefully before down sizing.

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I'd doubt whether anyones really ideal caravan exists. We've all got ideas of what we want in a van and in most cases we all have to compromise on something whether it be size, location of the sink, bathroom, beds or even the layout of the lighting. I be willing to bet that even if you found your "ideal" van as soon as you've had a few trips away you can find one or two items that would be better placed or a few "wouldn't it be nice if". You'd probably have that situation if you had one built to your own specification coz you would always forget something.

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
You're probably right but it keeps things interesting in the caravan industry. Without our ideas and wishes, it would be in a mess. Anyway, its nice to have thoughts, plans and wishes for the future isn't it. I don't mean being unsatisfied all the time. We really like our present caravan but we often think its size isn't one of its practicalities when driving down a single track lane and trying to turn through a narrow gate into a CL / CS.

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
sky 166 at 7.00pm
Thanks fo the info but don't have Sky...just terrestrial which we rarely watch but have because we might as well as we have a TV to watch the occasional DV if the weather is too bad for a cycle or walk after supper. Anyway, I'm enjoying the Caravan Channel forum.

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
I find this site very handy for searching for caravans with specific layouts. http://www.caravanfinder.co.uk/caravan_layouts.html

Dan.
Hi Dan

Thanks for the link. I've looked at that one before. It must be really useful if yiou are looking for a second hand caravan but we are looking for a new one. I don't kow if it occasionally has new caravans as I couldn't find a way to make it search for that option. Thanks anyway.

Denise

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts