Domaine De La Catinere, Normandy

Apr 30, 2006
Visit site
We stayed here, in a static in 2005.

Site was OK, but the male owner was like Basil Fawlty, without the humour....

Bar/restaurant was not very welcoming, a bit like old motorway services.

Appart from being near Honfleur, which is a gorgeous town, I would only use it as a stopover.

Rob

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Hello Tom,was at Domaine De La Catinere lastyear.It had been raining before we got there and the young helpful girl on her bycycle directed us to the pitch which was already soaked.I spent 30 minuets trying to get caravan in a suitable spot without being in water and gave up .Walked around site which has many static homes and found a nice spot behind toilet block, however it had static's on one side of us but they were empty until the weekend.As to the site ,first Honfluere is just up the road a few miles which is very good.The camp itself is quite until the w/e and then the French neigbours arrived who were very vocal.the camp has a stream that runs around the perimeter and some people were fishing,we saw a fish dead on top which was about 12/15" inches.The entrance has a shop and pool plus sun terrace which looked ok.Back of camp there is a large quite field for tents and we found a evening stroll quite intresting seeing all the differant types of units.Bye the way it is also just a few miles from the bridge ,if you want any other info let me know.Just one thing more the reception were helpful and spoke English.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
This was posted on another site - and remembered you were asking about it - thought you would like to see this review:

"Stayed for two nights in 2005. An ideal site. Quiet location not far from the roundabout at the end of Pont de Normandie. Has good facilities which are also used by several statics on site. Average sized pitches. Small take a way for snack type foods. A medium sized swimming pool. The site is only about 4 miles from Honfleur harbour which is a must see place. Very old and very French. Would certainly recommend this site for your overnight stay. Longer if you can."

Val

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts