Dometic fridge

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi,Can anyone please help.I have purchased an LMC caravan and it has a Dometic 7601l fridge freezer.
The problem i have is that the fridge freezer does not get cold. We tried it on 230 and 12 volt and nothing even though the lights light up.When we tried it on gas,it was lit at the back,and was heating up at the back but not chilling the fridge or freezer.Many thanks in advance for any help.Mark.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
When you say it does not get cold..........How long are you giving it to cool down?
This will take much longer than a normal domestic compressor fridge freezer as the cooling process is completely different.

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi again,I have had the fridge freezer upside down for a couple of days and once turned back over,still cannot get it to work.Can anyone possibly tell me if it could be the thermostat and how easy these are to change.many thanks.Mark

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I have now been told that there is no thermostat on these fridge freezers and that the problem may be the temperature probe.Can anyone shine any light on this please.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I suspect a re gas is needed provided there are no obvious leaks.
You have tried all the other fixes Sir WC mentioned.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts