Dometic Series 10 fridge won't stop beeping

Mar 1, 2024
Visit site
Hi all. We have a 2023 Renault Summit Shine 540. The Dometic fridge, series 10 (pic attached of model-cant find a fix in the manual) has started beeping. It beeps like 30 seconds then stops then starts again. It's been four days of it. The warning light doesn't flash.

The door is definitely shut. We've had it connected to power at a campsite and on the aux battery and it does it regardless. Does it when the heater is running and when it isn't (read could do this when drops below a certain voltage?) We had to shut the fridge off overnight to sleep which is a pain. We're going to try contact the dealer, it's still under warranty, but they're a three hour drive from us so if we could fix it ourselves would be amazing.

I read online it could be condensation but can't figure out where to clean that in this fridge, any photos online are other models. Ive attached a photo of what I think I need to clean but it's not coming off easily and we're scared to force it if it's not supposed to come off. Any advice would be more than welcome, thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG20240301113528.jpg
    IMG20240301113528.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG20240301113539.jpg
    IMG20240301113539.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG20240301113542.jpg
    IMG20240301113542.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 4
Jun 18, 2020
Visit site
Hello. I had the same problem, although not the same model. The fridge would bleep for 30 seconds stop the carry on like this until I switched off the power. The engineer found the fault using his mobile phone. He placed his phone in the fridge with the video option selected and closed the door, after the bleeping had stoped he checked his phone to see the switch which checks that the door is properly closed was shorting due to condensation. Solution : petroleum jelly applied to the contacts, problem solved! This switch on my fridge is behind a plastic cover on the right hand side of the inside of the fridge towards the front. Hope this may help, I now carry a small tin of petroleum jelly although there has been no repetition of the fault to date.

Reactions: otherclive
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Our fridge was like that from new. The dealer just kept saying they could not replicate the problem. After research we tried the petroliam jelly to no availl.

We found the fix in our case was to close the door then give it an extra push in the top right hand corner.

We just got used to doing that and it worked 95% of the time.

I found the dealers attitude to be insulting. I should have pushed them, but life is too short.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Actually the solution is quite simple and one we did on out series 8 fridge. Just inside the door on the RH side is a small box. This needs to be opened, dried, Vaseline applied and box closed up again.

However remember that the fridge is still under warranty as I am fairly sure the warranty is 3 years. It was on ours.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Actually the solution is quite simple and one we did on out series 8 fridge. Just inside the door on the RH side is a small box. This needs to be opened, dried, Vaseline applied and box closed up again.

However remember that the fridge is still under warranty as I am fairly sure the warranty is 3 years. It was on ours.
But did not work on ours as said above. Ours was a fault with the door closed sensor.

John

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Does the triangle come up when it starts bleeping?

The battery won’t run the fridge, unless you mean there is a battery pack in the control panel, then this will provide power for running the fridge on gas when your leisure battery is depleted!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts