Done It At Last

May 12, 2006
Visit site
After a few weeks we have finally purchased our new car for towing. We will take delivery of a Toyota Land Crusier LC4 on the 1st August.

After testing the Grand Cherokee, Disco and a (second hand ) ML

The Toyota was chosen on price, reliability and extras.

We have still to purchase a caravan, but the KW of the Toyota will allow us to buy almost anything we like. Vans at the forefront are the Bailey Louisiana, and Bessacarr Cameo. Because I have no recent towing experience we are looking at an Indiana for a year or so until our grand daughter is big enough to come with us. ( until then anyone visiting can stay in the awning )

Thanks for your help with answers to my questions, it all helped.

Val & Frank

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Frank, you lucky devil I`m jealous, I would love a Land Cruiser. Even J. Clarkson would be in favour, and he hates us ,but he thinks the Land Cruiser is the best 4X4.

Hurry up and get your van, stick the grandkids in tents in the awning they`ll think it a great adventure, and you still have the van to yourselves after bedtime.

Good luck and happy vanning

Tony A.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Congrats - good choice, the car will have time to bed in before you tow.

Sensible too to restrict the size of van untill you get slick at the towing lark but be warned - dealers are not famous for their part ex deals and you may be shocked when you decide to upgrade. I know I was - a loss of

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Congratulations on your purchase Frank, The Indiana is a great van with plenty of space. Good advice from David though you will undoutably lose a considerable amount of money if you look to change after a short period of time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts