dorema awning

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
i am new to caravaning and have a dorema awning for my elldis firestorm.i would like to know how i secure my awning to the ground if i ellect hard standing for my pitch.i'm sure it's simple but how do pegs go into hard standing?.do i need special pegs or is ground able to take pegs?.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
you can buy rock pegs that you knock in with a big hammer,but recently my freind discovered that Screw Fix sell 8inch screwnails with a welded washer, they screw in to the hard standing with a socket on a portable drill, Its a brilliant idea and cheaper than rock/hard standing pegs

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gary,

we too have a Dorema awning.Hard standings are a pain when it comes to putting up the awning. We bought heavy duty storm pegs,almost 8mm in diameter and have a external thread on it's length. Not cheap about 80p each but very effective. Also I don,t know if you have the same model awning as we have(Cardinal) but you may have loops on the front face of the material just below the windows, I suggest you buy some guy line and make use of these as we used them at the CC site at Wirral country Park in October when a heavy wind set in from the Dee and the use of these extra points helped to keep the awning solid to the floor by using the heavy duty storm pegs.

Hope this Helps

Rob

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We have the Dorema Madison and now use the Wurmi pegs which are really great on normal ground however rock pegs on hard standing. I have to investigate the Screw fix screw nails. Do you perhaps have a part or catelogue number for them?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi gary we have a dorema awning which we are very pleased with but we try to avoid hard standings i do carry rock pegs and a 7lb lump hammer and sometimes bend the pegs last week end we we at a ccc rally at netley near southampton super location by the water saw the qm2 etc the site was a old army hospital which had been pulled down and grassed over for caravan the rubble is about 2in from the top looked like a nice grass pitch so you never know when you need rock pegs!! nice site though if you get a chance try it pete

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
We have the Dorema Madison and now use the Wurmi pegs which are really great on normal ground however rock pegs on hard standing. I have to investigate the Screw fix screw nails. Do you perhaps have a part or catelogue number for them?
screwfix.com

TRENDING THREADS