Dorema Awnings

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I notice that there are no reviews of Dorema awnings on the site. Is there any particular reason for this?

And is there an alternative brand that is generally recognised as the best quality and value mid-price awning provider?

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I have had a Dorema porch awning and was pleased with the Quality. It was however a little small . We now have an Isabella Magnum porch awning which is more of a 3/4 Awning. The quality of this is extremely good and we find the size just right. Wish we had bought one in the beginning. A little expensive but they hold their price very well. Just look at second hand prices.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We have a Dorema porch awning. Nice quality. However since discovering the joy of the inflatable awning we hardly use the Dorema. Depends what you want from an awning. A poled awning would have been a damaging disaster in our recent encounter with gale force winds. The Kampa Air was fantastic. The Dorema may be on its way to Preloved.
Mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a Dorema porch awning new this year after the previous one had given 10 years good service. The pole system is a great improvement and I am pretty happy with it. I've also found the people at Dorema helpful and prefectly frank when discussing the suitability of their products. Our awning stands for about 3 and a half months each Spring in Spain subject to rather more and hotter sun than in UK. We usually get a few days of quite strong gusty winds and they suggested steel poles rather than fibre since they flex less.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Over the years we have had two full and one porch Dorema Awning.
They have all been brilliant. I have always had steel poles so unable to comment on alloy or fibre.
All have been well made and weather proof. I will also say that the people at Dorema near Pontefract where we actually collected our Porch from were great.
However since buying the Kampa Air Awning I'm afraid the latest Dorema has gone the way of Queen Mels suggestion and that is sold via free adds.
When erected the Dorema in my opinion was much better accomadation than the Kampa Air. But ease of erecting and dismantling of the Kampa Air has won the day.
I'm sure if you get one you will not be disappointed.
If the company still allow the direct approach and you are able to collect I think you will make good savings also, it's worth a few minutes on Google.
Best wishes Brian

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
We had a Dorema with our first caravan, and it was superb quality. We now have a bigger van, and an Isabella awning. This is also excellent quality, and I'd be hard pressed to decide between the 2!

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
We have an older Dorema Cardinal awning. Although new to caravanning, and therefore awnings, it is clearly a well made bit of kit, and has held its own in some pretty ferocious weather.
It was bought secondhand, but you would not know it - it has held its colour and all the zips etc are still solid.
When visually compared with some other brands on sites, I thought ours looked sturdier and appeared to be coping with the weather better.
I certainly recommend the brand

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
We have a Dorema porch awning which is very well made and sturdy. This came originally with aluminium poles, which we later swapped for fibre ones, which are easier to use. My only criticism is that the frame is not symmetrical in that the pre-assembled sections are not the same on both sides, which is very confusing the first few times its used, and the plastic clamps tend to come off the poles they are supposed to remain on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts