Dorset- which site?

Mar 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi there we are looking at going to Dorset at the end of July for 2 weeks and was wondering where to stay.I have looked at crossways c.c and hunters moon they look ok, not sure which is the better of the two.Has anybody been to either of these sites or any good sites around this area, if so can you let me know. ps there will be me, wife and two children aged 6 and 8 going. thanks alot Mike.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
michael, I live in Dorset and I would choose Crossways. The reason being that it is adjacent to Moreton Station with easy trips to Weymouth, Poole and Bournemouth and off peak family returns are not expensive.

I do not use Dorset sites in the Summer as too close to home

but there are lots of sites to choose from. If you want one near to Wareham {Hunters Moon} then Wareham Forest is good. Further onto the Purbecks then Ulwell Cottage at Swanage is ok. There is East Fleet at Weymouth and Parkdean holidays at West Bay. Spoilt for choice really.

May 22, 2006
Visit site
We stayed at Moreton C&CC site for two weeks last June/July 2008, it`s at the other side of the rail line to the CC site. Great area many supermarkets a short drive to Dorchester, a few minutes walk to the railway station and a couple of quid each return to Weymouth. It was that good that we are going back for two weeks this June/July

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
We stayed at Hunters Moon last October - its a fairly compact site mostly hardstandings and two club standard toilet blocks - plenty of trees for shade if you get the weather - good access straight off a main road and fairly quiet - Wareham is five minutes away by car with reasonable shopping - the site is handy for Monkey World, Weymouth, Lulworth Cove and the coast - an ideal summer time site

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
We like Wareham Forest Touring Park and is one of our favourite sites. The showers are spotless, loads of room between pitches and direct forest access which is great if you have adventurous kids or dogs. Little shop onsite and pool. Enough room so everyone can spread out and have a good time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have stayed at the following sites in Dorset during the past 5 years namely Crossways, Moreton C&CC site (adjecaent to Crossways,) Hunters Moon & Wareham Forest. During these visits we had our eldest grandson with us (plus his bike) he was aged from 5 though to 9. Considering the ages of your children I can reccomend all the above sites except Hunters Moon as being great sites for kids. There is nothing wrong with Hunters Moon, but the others are a bit more adventurous in my opinion.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My wife and I always stay at Pear Tree Farm in Sandford near Wareham when we visit Dorset. It is a very dlean quiet site and the village pub is a short walk away and serve excellent food. The site is very central for Poole, wareham, Swanage and Dorchester. have a good break wherever you go as Dorset is a beautiful part of the country.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts